what to buy xbox360 or ps3..?

Baker

Albicelestes
till now i didnt play both these consoles [am playing with my ps2],

which is best based on..
1:Game cost...
2:Games available...
3:Quality...

and is it compusary that i need LCD to use ps3/xbox360..?

thanx in advance

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
PS3 if you are rich...Xbox for the others
Add me to gtalk [bassam904] we can discuss about it.
I have a PS3 so can give you a lot info about it

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Wrong. PS3 Slim would be costing you around 19k and the 360 Arcade now retails for Rs.13,250/-

So you can do the math. Deciding on one is upto you and your budget. If you can afford to get original games then go for the PS3 Slim, if not, then go for the 360.

OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
Wrong. PS3 Slim would be costing you around 19k and the 360 Arcade now retails for Rs.13,250/-

So you can do the math. Deciding on one is upto you and your budget. If you can afford to get original games then go for the PS3 Slim, if not, then go for the 360.

ok that menas around 5.5 k difference ,

is it worth to spend 5,5k extra on ps3....?
i heard ps3 can not be modded but xbox 360 is it true...?
and ps3 games comes in Blu-ray but xbox 360 comes in DVD is this makes
any quality difference...?

Is it worth? Yes and no. Yes, if you got the power to purchase a game worth 2.5k every month. Maybe more. No if you don't. If you have the cash then I'd say get the PS3.

PS3 can not and probably will never be modded. Xbox 360 on the other hand, can be modded to play game back-ups.

Graphics on Xbox 360 are same or sometimes better when compared to PS3. You don't need to worry in that department. You'll be missing out on the Blu-Ray player but games will pan out much cheaper on the Xbox 360.

LCD is a must for next-gen gaming consoles. No two ways abou it.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist

PS3 cannot be modded as of now, but the 360 can. Also Google for each console's exclusive title list and pick the type of titles you like. PS3 does have the Blu-Ray advantage, but only Sony's first party titles tends to make full use of it. Multi-platform titles look more or less the same in terms of quality, sometimes better on Xbox 360 and perform better on it too. But when it comes to kick-ass exclusive titles, Sony rules the arena.

As for the LCD part, it makes a mammoth difference between playing it on a regular CRT TV and your LCD. Both of these consoles are made for delivering high definition content, so using it with an SDTV won't make any sense.

official

In the zone
yup rightly said...i bought a ps3 to play only exclusive games..those that wont come out ever in other consoles..Regarding exclusive contents PS3 still has more titles..as almost all games that comes out on an xbox are out for pc as well..u hav xbox xclusive but they are few. i am getting xbox by this month..will see wats the difference in both of them.

hey guys i just wanna know..can i play all games with inbuilt memory..i'm short of some cash and would buy a HDD later..??? plz reply soon i'll place ma order after that

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
hey guys i just wanna know..can i play all games with inbuilt memory..i'm short of some cash and would buy a HDD later..??? plz reply soon i'll place ma order after that
You can store basic game saves and console updates on the 512MB memory of the Arcade consoles. It's more than enough for it. However, you won't be able to copy the entire game on it.

The good news here is that if you have a spare thumb drive or a portable USB drive, Microsoft's latest dashboard update allows you to use them as storage solution. So you can avail a maximum space of upto 16GB on them. That's even more than Microsoft's 20GB HDD, which give us barely 12GB of usable storage. So update your console when you get it and then use any standard Pen drive or portable HDD, formatted with FAT32, to be used for storing games or demos.

official

In the zone
thanks ethan..one of ma friend is getting it by wednesday..will see how it goes and then order mine...one more thing is that does arcade has hdmi support???...i heard that only elite has them??how much will a hdd cost..wat if i get a second hand one??

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
thanks ethan..one of ma friend is getting it by wednesday..will see how it goes and then order mine...one more thing is that does arcade has hdmi support???...i heard that only elite has them??how much will a hdd cost..wat if i get a second hand one??
The Arcade has an HDMI connection. As for the HDD, depends on what size you're looking for. The 20GB HDD for second hand should go for around 1.7k, which was the price I got it for, else the 120GB HDD on Ebay sells for around 4k.

One more advantage of a ps3 consle is that it supports motion sensor controls in some games,which is not supported by x360 until now.

quan chi

mortal kombat
well you might have already got your answer.

1:Game cost...
if you go for original
well almost both costs the same only difference of rs 100-200.
but the other way around is possible in 360 only.

2:Games available...

no problem.availability is quite good for both.

3:Quality...

not much difference.it depends on developer to developer.some looks good on ps3 some on xbox360.

No not compulsory. but recommended yes!

Xtormrage

Broken In
Let's start.

1. Cost
If you buy original ones, the price is the same. But if your XBox is modded, then...

2. Availability
Good, but a little more PS3 games are found.

3. Quality
Excellent on both though the PS3 exclusives i.e not available on any other platform are graphically better.

4. LCD?
Highly recommended as hi-def gaming on a CRT reduces PS3/XBox graphics to PS2 level.

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
Go for ps3

It supports true 1080p, it has blue ray support.. soon ps3 will also support Blue ray 3d support too..
yes the games are costly in PS3.. Xbox can be modded.. to help you take decision I will simplify..

It all depends on your budget.. go for XBOX if you can shell extra bucks go for PS3..
Both of them are worth their money!!

atb

jayantr7

In the zone
go for ps3
IMO,xbox bahut jaldi kharab ho jata hai...

most games for xbox have also ben released for pc....and you can play xbox titles on pc but not of ps3.....

tousif

Journeyman
i want to buy a gaming console. am not an hardcore gamer. i am confused between Sony ps3 or xbox360 250gb console.
please suggest me with which console to buy. and also reveal me with the price tags of both the console and specifications.
and do i need an LCD TV to play games on both these consoles. let me know the availability of games for these devices.
Or should i stick with the older sony ps2?

jayantr7

In the zone
i want to buy a gaming console. am not an hardcore gamer. i am confused between Sony ps3 or xbox360 250gb console.
please suggest me with which console to buy. and also reveal me with the price tags of both the console and specifications.
and do i need an LCD TV to play games on both these consoles. let me know the availability of games for these devices.
Or should i stick with the older sony ps2?
Oh! First tell me what's your mmax budget,which types of game you wanna play and will you spend extra money if the console gets damaged or dead???

---------- ------------ ------------- ---------

Hey guys! Do you think any other new console will be launched in 1 or 2 years??

tousif

Journeyman
Oh! First tell me what's your mmax budget,which types of game you wanna play and will you spend extra money if the console gets damaged or dead???

---------- ------------ ------------- ---------

Hey guys! Do you think any other new console will be launched in 1 or 2 years??

my max budget is about 20k. and i love to play racing games like nfs games and sports game like fifa, tennis and smtyms i plat action games........ and yup i wud pay xtra if console needs repairing

Top Bottom