What the Hell is Wrong With Gaming in India

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
About the USA thing....I asked a fellow gamer about that who lives in california. He told me clearly its $65 for a 1mbps connection.

Now some google searching facts.....
Site No.1 - $50 to $250 per month for DSL
Site No.1 - $212 to $1200 per month for T1

While i was reading this...It came to my mind....Americas most famous ISP...Comcast....here r the rates and some conditions apply.

$69/month for 6months with dl speeds of 15mbps Limited to 250gb/month with television.

For Korea and japan i think that is true. but they too have download limits.

So FUP is everywhere....I love Mtnl....hehehehe.

Peace~~~!

Comcast is one of the worst ISPs in the states.

Brother do u really buy each and every game. If thats the case i think u have a >50000 salary and you are a good citizen.....unlike the rest of us...hehehehe....u are the fish in the pond we all talk about....hehehehe.

Peace~~~!

*arthropoda.southernfriedscience.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/facepalm.jpg

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Okay first of all, I will buy the reason the gaming in india sucks, because of lack of Exposure to a thing called video gaming, Mediocrity that is making the term technology an Oasis.

Yes, we need to grow up. For god's sake.. kids use to play NES until 2000 (incl. me) and now they are thinking that PS2 is future proof and will serve them in long run. Situations like this is not same everywhere, but in 2nd grade towns like the one i'm living in, situations like this are prevalent.

And for you all, who think that Games in india are dead cheap when compared to other countires and still people are pirating stuff, is because of several reasons.

1. I live in a town where most of the computers in houses are not connected to internet and where there is not even a single store that offers genuine games. So, their chances of getting a genuine game is willy nilly.

2. Most of the people who are buying stuff from local dvd vendors dosen't even know that it is against the law.

3. GDP percapita of US is 47000USD, but india has merely a 1000USD percapita. So, we can't expect people in india to buy games like they are doing in US. yes, distributors are reducing the prices for indian market.. But still the situation is not black and white. There are shades of grey. This is not only evident from the sale of video games, but the power of PCs they own, number of people who owns a camcorder/digicam/PMP, No. of people that stay networked, etc. An average american arries nearly 150-200$+ 3,4 Debit cards in his wallet. How many indians carry 10000rs in thier wallet!? So there is a great chasm to cross, don't compare other countries with ours. Gaming situation in india is quite different from other counties and we can't jump into conclusions THAT easily.

We need not to move on from CS, CS: S, infact if we compare the ratio of the people in other countries who are playing CS,CS: S, our population will stand low. Why moving on if you are having fun!? Just to make the country's videogame industry better? The question only arises on the day they grow tired of the game. Or if they meet something more awesome than what they are playing. Until that day, let them play the games they are playing.

@ Varnub,
And playing a game online/offline with buddies is no meter for comparing the level of gamer inside a human being.

@goken,

AT&T is the most famous ISP in USA. Next comes Vierzon Fios/DSL. Comcast has a wide subscriber base, but they have some bad reputation.

And, I've got nothing against you, but before that 60$ thing... please go through this link..

Verizon | High Speed Internet: Plans

Last edited:

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Heck, even that Verizon link is expensive. Most of the people over there don't use Internet from their telecom providers. USA has many dedicated ISPs.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
@ico, yea most of the charge is for their goodwill, 24/7 support, Land line.. stuff like that.

@varnub,

Isn't the situation self explanatory? Playing with buddies purely depends upon one's personal interest and is their choice. We can't judge how good gamer they are based on their Multiplayer interest. I haven't played much of Co-Op/ Multiplayer.. and still have a big heart for gaming. And If one is do playing online/offline with buddies, thats not to say that he is a good gamer. There are exceptions for both the cases. Multiplayer aspect will only tell what kind of gamer they are, but we can't decide whether they are good or bad in gaming.

Last edited:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
See, thats the problem. Gaming is not about proving to some one that you rock or to show off your talents or to be a ultimate weapon or to be a quality player. I just play games, and will not worry about my talents or how good I am when compared to others. All that matters is whether I am having fun or not.

And many online players will go though a lot of frustration initially to get used to the setting. And when they master... they start to have fun, not because they are good at game, but because they proved something to others. Its completely different way of thinking, and is not bad at all. It just differs from person to person.

varunb

Working in an IT company
@ico, yea most of the charge is for their goodwill, 24/7 support, Land line.. stuff like that.

@varnub,

Isn't the situation self explanatory? Playing with buddies purely depends upon one's personal interest and is their choice. We can't judge how good gamer they are based on their Multiplayer interest. I haven't played much of Co-Op/ Multiplayer.. and still have a big heart for gaming. And If one is do playing online/offline with buddies, thats not to say that he is a good gamer. There are exceptions for both the cases. Multiplayer aspect will only tell what kind of gamer they are, but we can't decide whether they are good or bad in gaming.

When I said gaming with buddies only, I meant in context about online gaming, cooperative campaigns, versus or team matches. In short, exposure to people outside. Seclusion won't get anyone anywhere. My point is about online gaming with widespread exposure which is one of the situations in the pathetic gaming scenario in India.

J

Joker

Also, If u play cs1.6 then u might have visited NwR servers. I belong to that clan and hell yeah thats exclusive only to pro players. So everythings exclusive and who cares for invites and stuff. You have to be a go getter....LOL.
:lol: funny servers & players :lol:

Goten

Banned
Consider the per capita GDP then talk about the scenario.

So much of economics u talk about....Why is that america has 9% unemployment still now....As of Jan 2011.....What does that say about it gdp pe capita.

@goten,

AT&T is the most famous ISP in USA. Next comes Vierzon Fios/DSL. Comcast has a wide subscriber base, but they have some bad reputation.

And, I've got nothing against you, but before that 60$ thing... please go through this link..

Verizon | High Speed Internet: Plans

yeah true are ur rates but with 2 year contracts...I m sure u missed that and did not want to read those contracts. In USA, everythings cheap because of this contract wich leads you to shell out more...Like a iphone cost less but u get a 2 year 50$ a month contract for using 3g....How is that any cheap in long run.....Do read more about their agreements.

Peace~~~!

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
So much of economics u talk about....Why is that america has 9% unemployment still now....As of Jan 2011.....What does that say about it gdp pe capita.

Dude, purchasing power decides how much you can shell out on luxuries. India is way below in that.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

I hate to break this to you,

GDP should not be used to assume things like unemployment. Higher GDP with higher unemployment only tells how solid the people are earning. And it should only used to measure income of the people and not for assessing things like unemployment, health, etc. Actually it is a bit weird. Take it this way... USA's GDP comprises more than 17% from health care sector. This means, if the people's health increases, there will be 17% reduction in GDP and will create plenty of unemployment.

And what does 9% unemployment tells me? it tell me that US companies are opting for flat organizational structure rather than tall, they are choosing to outsource coz of cheap labor, and a simple logic named population. Increase in the population will not always increase the employment opportunities, so.. with the recent population growth, the percentage increases(As the population count increases but the people who are working will still remain the same).

So, this tells that.. USA is earning more GDP even with 9.8% Unemployment. Which indirectly tells us, people who do the job are earning well. And there is the another reason, people in most of the developed countries will choose to be idle instead of doing a underpaid job.

And about the contract... well, long term contracts are what keeping the prices low.

You should leave the denial. We are specifically talking about prices of internet. Even on a contract, their prices are much much much lower than what they are in India.. or in Pakistan. I just quoted verizon because.. i was in haste and wanted to show the cheap rates. there are several independent ISPs(who doesn't even have a proper website) in USA which provide high speed internet at dirt cheap prices, when compared to India.

Last edited:

varunb

Working in an IT company
@Faun: I agree with vamsi here. Anyways, everyone here has something to say about this. You talk about GDP while I mentioned what I have been observing about the online behavior of the gamers. Simple. That doesn't means GDP should be included. Your point & mine's is a completely different aspect.

Top Bottom