What steps can I take to remove game lags, freeze etc in FIFA 13

Okay will get to post the gpu z results soon.and how to get the fan cleaned

Here, Please analyze and tell me what is wrong:

*gpuz.techpowerup.com/13/03/11/dhf.png

*gpuz.techpowerup.com/13/03/11/8nt.png

These were taken while FIFA was on and the fan was blowing very hot air. Using Battery.
Holy smokes, that GPU is hot as hell! Immoderately give the laptop for service and tell them about the heating issue.

OP
sam9953

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
Now that I have turned FIFA off, the temperature is back to 110 Celsius, which I still believe is quite high, isnt it?

Apart from giving it to the service center what all can I do to reduce this heating problem from my end? Please give me your valuable input, I am hesitant to give to the center as I don't have any other laptop or PC, so this is required very much to stay within the house.

Prongs298

In the zone
fifa doesnt need that much cpu power. so while playing fifa set cpu to balanced and not high performance. Also if possible use only one gpu. both of yours are good.

and most importantly. download and use d3d overrider. use it to enable forced triple buffering and vsync.

OP
sam9953

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
fifa doesnt need that much cpu power. so while playing fifa set cpu to balanced and not high performance. Also if possible use only one gpu. both of yours are good.

and most importantly. download and use d3d overrider. use it to enable forced triple buffering and vsync.

I am extremely sorry but I am quite a novice into hardcore gaming, so can u please tell me step by step how to change from balance to high performance and how to change from 2 gpus to one? And also.what is this d3d overrider and all this triple buffering and vsync? Thanks

Strangely even after just booting these are the results:

*gpuz.techpowerup.com/13/03/11/e2p.png

its been hardly 10 seconds and still it is 84 celsius. Is this software wrong or something, I can even feel that heat of the laptop still it says 84. What to do now? Previously I thought the trouble was FIFA, but even without FIFA it is reaching 84 .

Hey guys, I just download this software called GPU TEMP and it says that my GPU temperature after just booting like 45 celsius and GPU Z says 87. I feel that GPU temp is correct. can GPU Z be wrong? Though I can't feel any heat.

After using 4 softwares to judge my GPU temp, it seems like the temp does not go beyond 80 celsius any time, it seems GPU Z gives wrong readings. Thouh it jumped from 45 to 75 by switching FIFA on.

mitraark

Decrepit
Woah you're GPU temperature is even higher than my 5670 :(

Clean your vent immediately ~ with a cycle tyre pump as suggested above. I dont have a pump , so the best i can do is take an empty pen, use it as a straw and blow air into the vent, keep a fan on directed at the laptop to blow dust away.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
the dual gpu is screwing the gpu-z, and it feels that GPU temp is correct, if you can download everest... that should give us stable fan reads. and if its 75 its okay enough... i think you were just freaking out :)

OP
sam9953

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
the dual gpu is screwing the gpu-z, and it feels that GPU temp is correct, if you can download everest... that should give us stable fan reads. and if its 75 its okay enough... i think you were just freaking out :)

Yes mate, you are right,.I was just freaking out. Can you tell me anymore trust worthy software apart from Everest?

OP
sam9953

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
lol, everest is the best monitoring tool i have used. i dont know any other, may wanna use google :)

I dont want use Google, Google gives links of shitty and good softwares, I downloaded many shitty ones and.ended up being freaked out. Its better I take help from you guys.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
I dont want use Google, Google gives links of shitty and good softwares, I downloaded many shitty ones and.ended up being freaked out. Its better I take help from you guys.

no seriously man, Everest is really the best.. if i knew others i would have told you .

Other than Everest, I use Hwinfo. BTW if that GOU temp is correct, then you should start making omelettes on that for dual advantage :rofl:

OP
sam9953

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
Other than Everest, I use Hwinfo. BTW if that GOU temp is correct, then you should start making omelettes on that for dual advantage :rofl:

Mate, do you mean to tell me that even 75 degree while gaming and 45 degree while normal usage is also abnormal temperature? Huh, tell? I am worried again because your omelette comment.

Mate, do you mean to tell me that even 75 degree while gaming and 45 degree while normal usage is also abnormal temperature? Huh, tell? I am worried again because your omelette comment.
75 at load and 45 is okay IMO, but let other's reply. Ans when did the temp drop to 70 at load? Previously wasn't it 110?

OP
sam9953

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
75 at load and 45 is okay IMO, but let other's reply. Ans when did the temp drop to 70 at load? Previously wasn't it 110?

Listen listen,.the problem has been with the applications that I am using, while using GPU Z. It showed 115 during FIFA and 80 during normal usage, then I installed two more softwares, CPUID HW monitor.and GPU temp, both these.showed 75 during FIFA and.45 durinf normal use.

Do this: post a screenshot of GPU Z and the other two software you installed, all running together and showing GPU temperature while running FIFA and at idle.

OP
sam9953

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
This is the screenshot of 4 different softwares used by me at just 1 min after the booting of the system, no FIFA nothing, no load at all:

*i45.tinypic.com/vpafxc.jpg

Okay this screenshot was taken when FIFA 13 was on, and the fan was blowing very hot air and was working with full speed. So it was high load:

*i47.tinypic.com/34gvwc8.jpg

Now please all, compare the above two and see the results and tell me if there is anything abnormal with my machine?

Top Bottom