what should i learn to be a web developer? Plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajneesh

Broken In
Hi friends
I want to be a professional web developer. I am absolute beginner in this field.
I learned only HTML, (XHTML). I searched the net for what languages and software I should learn
and found..
(1) (X)HTML
(2) CSS
(3) PHP
(4) MYSQL
(5) JAVA SCRIPT
And adobe Dreamweaver as designing software.
I want to ask my senior forum members here.. from where a beginner should start to learn, which languages and in which order.. please suggest me.
Thanks in advance

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Learn PHP, MySQL, JavaScript/AJAX, and some graphic skills if possible.
Then write a short script, like say a personal address/contact book and post that script here or other forums and ask for review of code. Only then we shall be able to tell you what should be done 'professionally'.

Just learning languages is not enough to be called a 'programmer'. I know of people who know syntax of languages, but just can't use their brains for creating algorithms. I am sure you would not like to call them as 'programmers'.

So until and unless you present some work, its very difficult for us to guide you.

OP
Rajneesh

Rajneesh

Broken In
Thanks victor Rambo for your response. I am agree with you that just knowing the syntax of a language cannot make you a programmer. I am starting from PHP and mysql and will post my script here again for members review. Thanks again bro.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I believe that without being a programmer, one can develop websites. Only conceptual ability is more important.
100% correct, but such a person will be handicap without programming skills. Its very difficult to depend upon others. Also, hiring a person to just to write the code is quite expensive, esp. for people just starting up.

arungn

Right off the assembly line
hello, i am not senior. anyways, u shud study java x & html and dreamweaver & asp (maybe flash, if u r full of ideas) in any order but html is easiest. the u can get placed in small companies. frm there u will know what how when and where of web. get in as a trainee even. the chances are unlimited. good luck man.btw whats ur edu qual ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom