what should i do please help

labist

Right off the assembly line
Hello to all members

I want to discuss a problem with all of you. I am doing a desktop support
job since last 7 years.No doubt i learned so much in the client environment but now the problem is that i want to do a job as an assistant system admin or a role between desktop support and full admin to gain experience in administrating server. So after 1 to years can try to become Full System Admininstrator or Network admin but when i compare my current salary with the advertised salaries of assistant admin it is equal or sometimes better than the advertised jobs. But i am worried how can i continue my desktop job in late 30s i mean i should be administrator. I am now 30 years old.I have BS degree in computer science.But don't have any certification.

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
You have a handful of experience now, so don't worry about that.

Search for the organizations which are currently competing with each other, where you are working on. Having some reference person's advice will also help you, so try to get that also.
After having some years of experience, you can ask for better salary to the organization.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Try and get in some organization as system administrator that way you can have growth in career.

Top Bottom