What PSU will this config need?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
TX series is 80+ Platinum rated.. efficiency >90%

huh?
Pay a visit to manufacturer's website before posting what do you think.
TX series is 80+ bronze certified.

If we do not take budget into consideration, what do you guys recommend? Perhaps, I can try extending the budget if the PSU is more suited.

Corsair TX650V2 @~5.2K (or less. I don't know the current price)

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
huh?
Pay a visit to manufacturer's website before posting what do you think.
TX series is 80+ bronze certified.

Corsair TX650V2 @~5.2K (or less. I don't know the current price)

extremely sorry.. i mixed up TX with AX :p

doomgiver

Warframe
===redacted===

TX650 is gonna be fine for even dual-gpu setups.

if you dont plan to do that, GS600 is good enough (i mean, its excellent)

Last edited:

techdabangg

Broken In
Go for TX650... its beefy. I just saw a thread in which a person is running crossfire of two 7950s with 3570k on TX650... whoaaaa

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-supply-cabinets-mods/168173-require-upgrade-over-tx650v2-power-my-crossfirex-setup.html

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
So, looks like the TX650 is what I'm gonna get. Now, to the next question: Where can I get this cheap (reasonable)?

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Check it out at ur location (Location:: Your GF's house) or change it so that people can suggest you some shops at your locality.

U can consider this as a suggestion and not an advice. The details are asked and displayed for a reason.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Well, I was asking about shopping online :p

But, I live in Pune by the way. So, if they are any proper reseller for this PSU, please let me know.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yeah...I heard about it. But, are prices reasonable?

Can anyone point out a few online stores that are selling the TX650? I need to compare prices.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized

Can anyone point out a few online stores that are selling the TX650? I need to compare prices.

Maybe this will help you.But it is showing 2 versions of tx650. tx650 v2 and tx650m

Corsair » Corsair Enthusiast Series Tx650 V2 650w Power Supply Cmpsu 650txv2 Price In India

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The tx650m happens to be a modular variant (Semi modular, actually)

I found it to be around Rs. 6700 from including shipping from MDcomputers.in:

CORSAIR SMPS 650TX-M

Shall I go for this or is there anywhere where I can get it cheaper? Everywhere else I see, it is for 7k+

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Take this : CORSAIR TX650V2

For the V2 I have to pay 620 for shipping. While, for the M, I have to pay only 460. I think the M will be better since there are lesser cables dangling around in my box.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!

A friend (who is/was also in TE) bought a cooler. He didn't complain. So it should be just about right. How will you know if you don't atleast ask for a quote? He's over here too IINM, either lurking or posting comments.

Top Bottom