What pendrive am I looking for here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legato.Extraordinaire

Right off the assembly line
Okay, before reading any further, make sure you understand that I'm a tech-n00b, so please try to minimise the dissing and all. :-?

Well, I'm looking for a pendrive / portable USB HDD that has some kinda external lock (as in some kinda physical lock, not software locking) which'd make it read-only. The reason why I'm looking for this is because I wish to install a portable OS in it, so I can boot from it when connected to virus-infected PCs without actually getting virus into my pendrive. I know I can do it with CDs, but I guess having a USB mass storage device would be cooler since I can load other stuff into it at my will (until it runs out of space, that is! :p). So any suggestions?

lambo

Broken In
I think the portsable OS will be Linux, right? If that is the case then you shouldn't be afraid of viruses. Also if you need space then opt for 2.5" HDDs as they provide good VFM.

Last edited:

sat123

Broken In
I remember once i got 256 MB Umax pendrive apus 210 2 years back...(then it was costing about rs 1k) it had a physical lock...like a small thing in it which when pressed manually makes it read only. U may go to store n check for pends with phy lock..this was an example...Sandisk also has a pendrive with inbuilt antivirus...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom