• (6) Linux - Caldera

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deep

Version 2.0
it_waaznt_me said:
SP2 will be out near the end of First quarter of 2004 .. as the Micro$oft official report ...

yup and some beta version leaked few days back..checked the screenies...looked good added some great features like new Firewall options and some more option but t his firewall was damn good...very custimizable..

regards
Deep

OP
it_waaznt_me

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Oh now I see ... You were also posting when I posted .. Thats why they locked me out of this page ..!! ... Mutual Exclusion Principle ..
Anyway .. Now I cant delete that repeated post ...

OP
it_waaznt_me

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Oh now I see ... You were also posting when I posted .. Thats why they locked me out of this page ..!! ... Mutual Exclusion Principle ..
Anyway .. Now I cant delete that repeated post ...

Deep

Version 2.0
anyone tried gentoo linux or FreeBSD Yet ?

FreeBSD is very stable i have heard and gentoo is also very flexible..

Deep

aditya2u4u

Right off the assembly line
hi i mainly use xp but i m intrested in 2003 server and longhorn and then many many new windows
but i like 98 2
but favorite r longhorn ,xp,2003 server

aditya2u4u

hi i mainly use xp but i m intrested in 2003 server and longhorn and then many many new windows
but i like 98 2
but favorite r longhorn ,xp,2003 server

OP
it_waaznt_me

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
You can get Linux cds with the tutorial books but there arent any books on FreeBSD which provides the CDs .. I think I have to download it :(

zookeeper

Win XP + Win 2003 server + RedHat Linux 8.0 + My own custom Linux installation. I had FreeBSD but removed it because I couldn't get X running.

Ujjwal: Technically anything that runs by itself and helps other programs run is an OS. So a bootable floppy is definitely an OS unless it is just a bootloader.

it_waaznt_me: Check out this site *linuxcds.netfirms.com/. Thats where I bought my FreeBSD CDs. They deliver to most places in India and if you live in bangalore you can go there and collect them.

Deep: Linux is as stable and flexible as FreeBSD and Linux supports a lot more hardware than FreeBSD. And most open source software is developed for Linux. And also, as Linux uses GNU software, it has more "features" than FreeBSD. FreeBSD would make a good server though.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Well I have Windows 2000 + SP 4 installed. Man its a rock solid OS with the SP4 installed. I have never seen it go poof. I had upgraded from Win98 so I had some probs with the Explorer.exe but the SP4 solved every problem and im having a rock solid os now

OP
it_waaznt_me

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Tifosi Refer to my post for the explaination ....

To all... Shall I replace Caldera or Debian with Window 2003 and Win 95 ..? Give your suggestions ..

OP
it_waaznt_me

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Tifosi Refer to my post for the explaination ....

To all... Shall I replace Caldera or Debian with Window 2003 and Win 95 ..? Give your suggestions ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom