Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (6) Linux - Caldera

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ice

In the zone
no dude.. did u update xp?? did u apply sp1.. After sp1 came out xp was one of the best os s ever.. I used to feel the same way.. but then i applied sp1.. and my most of the crashes went away..

TheMask

@ TechEnclave
well.. that may be true ice, but i have been running XP rock solid without any updates nor the Service Pack :p

A

Anonymous

He He.. EAST OR WEST MS IS THE BEST. Win XP pro is great. Great stability and performance. Anyone knows abt LONGHORN????

BONZI

Journeyman
If ppl hate Ms thats because their products are highly prices. And an alternative ??? look for linux in next couple of years. BTW did you pay for your os. Start another poll for "DID YOU PAY FOR YOUR OS" :wink:

cruisetjj

Broken In
I use WinXP Pro. The best part of XP is that it includes the drivers for most hardware stuff....also, u don't have to restart the comp after every software installation for most softwares.....

OP
it_waaznt_me

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
I like Win XP for its stablenes... Even when WOW process crash nothin is lost .. I havent Shut down my system for so long .. I just use Hibernate .. My Windows Uptime was once 49 days and 3 Hours .. could u believe it ..?

rock_ya_baby

Broken In
I have windows longhorn alpha 4051 ,it still has a long way to go..will be released in 2006-2008. Well as MS has said if they fullfill 60% of their list i will be more than happy.

They are betting on the fact that the processing specs are going to triple till the release comes up , there will be entry level 1 gbs of RAM in every PC...etc

rock_ya_baby

Broken In
major upgrade with a new security architecture called Palladium, a hardware 3D-enabled user interface, a brand-new, database-backed storage engine, and many more exciting new features

This new user interface, or "user experience," is code-named "Aero" and is based on a new .NET-based graphics API called "Avalon," which replaces earlier graphics APIs such as GDI and GDI+.

The Longhorn Start Menu and task bar will be enhanced with a new Sidebar component that can optionally appear locked to one side of the desktop. The Sidebar is an XML-based panel that includes links to local and remote resources.

Longhorn will require 3D video hardware to render special effects that will make the screen more photorealistic and deep

Microsoft has even pledged to retain DOS compatibility with Longhorn.

Now who said MS sucks?? even though i won't want to use it as my main desktop coz i hav the alpha build and just to make one change i have to go through 5-6 sub-menus and the sidebar just is stuck! hogging everything...

thought most applications have been working correctly. eg winamp,my fav game Half life

ice

In the zone
it_waaznt_me said:
I like Win XP for its stablenes... Even when WOW process crash nothin is lost .. I havent Shut down my system for so long .. I just use Hibernate .. My Windows Uptime was once 49 days and 3 Hours .. could u believe it ..?

Ah.. i dont even hybernate.. just restart in 3-5 days.

Wow 49days is long.. even my comp hasnt been on without a restart for that long..

ice

In the zone
guri35 said:
Yeah u need atleast 256 mb mem xp gives no problem.Crashes occur onlywhen u have low ram.

I was runnin it like a dream even on 128MB ram. Right now i have 192.

On 128 i used to reeboot it once in 2 days.. now there are times when i dont reebot mycomp for an entire week or longer

PS: that means its on all the time. without any probmes.

@ Mask

Apply the updates, they make ur system smoother etc.

rock_ya_baby

Broken In
ice said:
hmm.. ok..
where did u get longhord off.. donkey?

why did u call me donkey for? :twisted:

I got it from one person who is msdn subscriber. Its 1 cd installation and works for about 160 days or so before it expires... so i cracked it and it been a good boy since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom