what is Win32 parite virus? & how to remove it???? plz help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mangal Pandey

Journeyman
what is Win32 parite virus?
i brought AVG 7.0 from my friend & installed it. when i ran AVG it showed 9000 files infected with win 32 parite virus. i asked AVG to heal it. after that it asked for restart. i restarted but windows refused to load. then i booted windows in safe mode & restored my system in backdate using restore point.

Is Win32 parite virus harmful?, how can I remove it or what is the cure.
Plz dont advise me to reinstall XP all those drivers. I mean Im fed up it takes such a age to reinstall.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well to cleane any virus u must desable the system restore 1st then run the scan to cleane the virus...

well u can get a removel tool & instruction how to remove it or how to run the removel tools from here...

saROMan

QA Juggler
Win32.Parite.A/B/C

Symptoms:

Sensible decrease in hard-drive free space;
A file about 180K, executable in temporary folder written in Borland C++;
Most exe files have over 200K in size.
Technical description:
The virus is a file infector that is composed of two parts: a small stub written in Assembler, appended to the files infected that decrypts the main virus body, also appended to the infected file. The main virus body is a PE file written in Borland C++ that it's dropped in the Windows\TEMP directory (or whatever location temporary files have on your system).

The virus infects PE files, and searches for files with *.exe and *.scr extensions, on local drives, network drives and network shares on local network. Because the virus appends to every infected file the main body, which is ~180K in size, there should be a visible decrease in free space on your volumes. The virus doesn't show it's presence in any way, and does not use email for spreading.

Versions A and B are mostly the same, while version C uses a somewhat tricky method of encrypting the original PE file's entry point. Infected files have the last section's name consisting of 3 randomly chosed letters followed by a non-printable character.

If in your exe files the last section name is .jbd or .xgt or something like that, then it's probably a file infected with Parite.

The virus does not damage the file it infects.

Removal tool:

Download Removal Tool from Here or Here

tech_cheetah

Journeyman
my pc also got infected with this virus and some of the exe setup files got corrupted when i repaired using antivirus.but thank god the system files are all working well n fine now

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
all of u... if u have ur system restore option turned on... Turn it off b4 scaning & cleaning....

Status
Not open for further replies.