What is the problem with my hard disk partitions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
*i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr61/prashanthnbhat/partition.jpg

Please take a look at the image.
My disk 0 is a 60 gb hard drive. Apart from the partitions having drive letters, only 10 gb should have been free/unpartitioned space.
My disk 1 is a 160 gb hard drive. It should have had only about 13 gb unpartitioned space.

Is it a problem with partition table or something? What is the solution to this problem?

Thanks

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
There is no problem with anything. At least I don't see anything unless you are not using another OS (like Linux/BSD-derivative etc.) whose file system is not recognized by Windows.

OP
P

prashanthnbhat

Broken In
Well, of course I was using linux mint. But it is not there now. And what about the unallocated and free spaces? Can I format them to create new partitions? Isn't there a danger of losing data, which I cannot afford to?Does it mean that the capacities of my hard drives have increased?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Yes, you can format them and create partitions. But do take a backup of your most important data on the other logical partitions, to be safe in any case.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
If u r not using the linux partition and don't give a damn to the data stored in Linux partition, then u can use the space blocked by Linux in windows.
This is how u do it....(Only for Xp, don't know if it'll work in Vista)

1>Right Click on "MyComputer"
2>Select Manage
3>Form there go to Storage>Disk Management
Here u'll see windows is showing the linux partition as RAW/UNPARTITIONED (most probably)
4>Right click on the partition and select Format
5>Format as NTFS and give a Drive letter etc...rest u know wat to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom