What is the difference between these two DVI cable?

max_007

Broken In
what is the difference between these two DVI cable
*media.gadgets.in/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/400x400/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/f/i/file_16_765.jpg

*www.davediscovers.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/dvi-cable.jpg

Cilus

laborare est orare
The 1st one is a single Link DVI-D connector and the 2nd one is dual link DVI-D connector.
DVI cables send information using a digital information format called TMDS (transition minimized differential signaling). Single link cables use one TMDS 165Mhz transmitter, while dual links use two. The dual link DVI pins effectively double the power of transmission and provide an increase of speed and signal quality; i.e. a DVI single link 60-Hz LCD can display a resolution of 1920 x 1200, while a DVI dual link can display a resolution of 2560 x 1600.

Dual link DVI connectors are only option currenly that can provide Full HD or 1920X1080 3D gaming experiece in a 3D LCD TV @ 60FPS. HDMI 1.4a or single link DVI can only provide 24 FPS in the above scenario due to their lower bandwidth.

OP
M

max_007

Broken In
The 1st one is a single Link DVI-D connector and the 2nd one is dual link DVI-D connector.
DVI cables send information using a digital information format called TMDS (transition minimized differential signaling). Single link cables use one TMDS 165Mhz transmitter, while dual links use two. The dual link DVI pins effectively double the power of transmission and provide an increase of speed and signal quality; i.e. a DVI single link 60-Hz LCD can display a resolution of 1920 x 1200, while a DVI dual link can display a resolution of 2560 x 1600.

Dual link DVI connectors are only option currenly that can provide Full HD or 1920X1080 3D gaming experiece in a 3D LCD TV @ 60FPS. HDMI 1.4a or single link DVI can only provide 24 FPS in the above scenario due to their lower bandwidth.
Thanks a lot cilus for your explanation :smile:
so i guess the 2nd one is better...how much it cost..any idea?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Actually most available DVI connector for a Graphics card is Dual Link DVI. Price will be around 0.3K to 0.6K.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

Yea...:+1:

i fished out a dual link DVI-D cable after searching a lot(and a gold plated one too at that ;) ) for 0.5k back in march '11

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
This should explain it all:
*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fb/DVI_Connector_Types.svg/181px-DVI_Connector_Types.svg.png

Link:
Digital Visual Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Top Bottom