What is the Best Way to Apply Thermal Compound?

ajai5777

Youngling
Sorry guys I was talking about the normal heat sink.In my Hyper TX3 there were grooves due to the heat pipes so I had to apply TIM using a card.

Apt

Right off the assembly line
Installing The CPU Cooler : Best Of Tom’s Hardware: How To Build A PC
See this link.
It basically says that applying small dots on the contact areas is the best way.
It creates a mess but turns out OK

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
It will remove the compound but will leave behind alcohol residue.

Isopropyl alcohol is the best cleaner.

piedpiper

The Gooo000oooner Way
Oh..Where can I get 'Isopropyl alcohol'? I asked one of the chemist shop, they have this syringical spirit (doctors apply to our skin before they give an injection). So should this do the job? costs around Rs25.

tkin

Back to school!!
Actually I never used any liquid to clean.I used a rough cloth and wiped it strongly.
Won't work with stuff like TX4, just try it :lol:

Oh..Where can I get 'Isopropyl alcohol'? I asked one of the chemist shop, they have this syringical spirit (doctors apply to our skin before they give an injection). So should this do the job? costs around Rs25.
Yes, that's the one.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Actually I never used any liquid to clean.I used a rough cloth and wiped it strongly.
Would not give a clean surface.

Doctor's Spirit.

Only once I need to remove the TIM from CPU, and had simply wiped it with a clean cotton swab. ;)
Same as above.

Top Bottom