• omg, its awesome!!! do want!!!

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • dunno...

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

doomgiver

Warframe
3d? wtf is that?
its just a fake pseudo dual channel 2d image projected stereoscopically so that our color-filtered eyes can percieve them at a slightly different angle, and be fooled into believing that it is actually happening in 3 dimensions, not 2.

so, why the fuss? its not going to let you take a peek under katrina's skirt, or down priyanka's top.... so why call it 3d? is it of any use?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Re: 3d? wtf is that?

I'd suggest to watch Avtar in 3D, and yeah, not in some 19" or 21" LCD. :p Go for some Big Screen ones. And you'll understand the diff. yourself. :D

OP
doomgiver

doomgiver

Warframe

so, its just a gimmick. you cant rotate the picture to a different angle.

as i said, what is the use? it just makes the characters look like they are about to go offscreen into the viewers, umm, how is that a useful thing? its just an illusion.... and its not helping make the movie better.

i like small bits of avatar, i dont think watching it in 3d is going to be any different

Last edited:
OP
doomgiver

doomgiver

Warframe

i was talking about the movie experience.
3d wont allow me to experience anything radical in the movie.

i think its just a marketing gimmick to make money off sh!tty films

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

so, its just a gimmick. you cant rotate the picture to a different angle.

as i said, what is the use? it just makes the characters look like they are about to go offscreen into the viewers, umm, how is that a useful thing? its just an illusion.... and its not helping make the movie better.

i like small bits of avatar, i dont think watching it in 3d is going to be any different

It's going to make diff. Yes it's just an illusion and you can't rotate it and view what's katrina's skirt. So if you want that, sorry can't help you out :p

Otherwise if you want a real life effect in movies, you'll like 3D.

OP
doomgiver

doomgiver

Warframe

how is it a real life effect?
i think hd movies are pretty life-like. what more do you need?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

how is it a real life effect?
i think hd movies are pretty life-like. what more do you need?

Well, it's like preference of each person.

If HD seems more real life then when you'll see HD Movies in 3D, it becomes more real life.

OP
doomgiver

doomgiver

Warframe

well, i ask you.... HOW?

i think you have seen a 3d movie at a theatre, so please tell us how it was larger than life.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

It's not larger than life.

But when you'll see 3D movies it'll seem like it exists just in front of you or behind you. And a surround sound will make you realize that more.

So basically you are right, everything is illusion, you remove the glass from your eye and you are back to 2D.

But it's the entertainment or fun that has the hype.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

lol...sorry, my English is no bad..!! And I just manage somehow :p

Anyway, so try to watch a movie in 3D and I guess you'll like it if you like HD.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

U know there are 4D movies (actually theaters) too. Then the picture is projected in 3D and as 4D they have modified the sitting arrangement a bit.
If the main character gets a shot u feel the punch in ur body, if there is bomb blast ur chair shakes accordingly, if there is a water splash u have water sprinkled onto you.

Its all about involvement of the audience into movies. Till date audience was given complex subjects where they are asked to put their brain to use to decipher the movie which is also a kind of involvement.

3D is also that, it gives an illusion that the characters are near you and things are actually happening infront of you and not in a screen.

Watch good 3D, not some bullshit 3D. There are very few directors who shoot in 3D cameras. Most of the directors now convert their movies in last moment just for the extra bucks. That leaves dis-satisfied customers like you.

Try to catch a show of Avatar at IMAX, you would know what a 3D means.

IronCruz

ICE COOOOL!!!

+1 with rhitwick. Even i had my experience of 3D in a Tent in Exhibition, which gave me an Idea. 3D are brilliant when u watch movies like AVATAR, STEP UP D, and horror movies.

amitava82

MMO Addict

3d? wtf is that?
its just a fake pseudo dual channel 2d image projected stereoscopically so that our color-filtered eyes can percieve them at a slightly different angle, and be fooled into believing that it is actually happening in 3 dimensions, not 2.

so, why the fuss? its not going to let you take a peek under katrina's skirt, or down priyanka's top.... so why call it 3d? is it of any use?
It's called visual experience. It seems you have been misinformed; you need a girlfriend for the kinda experience you been looking for. You need to turn off your computer and go out.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

It's called visual experience. It seems you have been misinformed; you need a girlfriend for the kinda experience you been looking for. You need to turn off your computer and go out.

:rofl:

Oh come on you.. dont be so harsh!! :))
Maybe OP is beating the bush to vent out his frustration of not being able to afford a 3D TV! Or maybe he just missed watching Avatar in 3D, and now his friends are scolding him, telling how great the movie was. :-D

No offence to the OP. :lol:
But yeah, doomgiver, you need to understand that, even a 2D projection of objects onto your LCD screen is also an "illusion"! So you can't blame 3D for being just an "illusion" and disregard all the realistic advantages of watching a film in 3D !

Top Bottom