What is happening to my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JhonCena

Journeyman
Hi, fenz, tomorrow i got a virus from the keys.ws while desearching in google. I scanned my comp in avast and i got a trojan and spyware from temporry internet files i removed thrm and restarted my comp. it was running fast and effienctly. i connected my comp and opend google but faied. i tried to open it in momzilla but with no joy. the i opend ie and my homage was automatically changed into sex.com all others sites are working fine. i think the spyware has edited my registry.
help me plzzzzzz
Thanks.

anandk

Distinguished Member
yes its a spyware attack. and ur browser/home/search pages have been hijacked.

first run adaware, avg, spybot (or any 2 good anti-spys) in SAFE MODE.
then use 'ccleaner' to clear up residual pc junk.

open your ie>intenet options>homepage>change to about:blank
then lock your home page.

If the feature is disabled (greyed out), go to Doug Knox's site and download this script this dougknox script and save this file to your hard drive. Navigate 2 where u saved it n double click d file. d VB Script file will check 4 d appropriate value & if not found will create it. u will be notified whether d option is enabled or disabled.

2 manually make d change:
open Regedit and go to and change to
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main] "about:blank"

Home Page Hijacked :
If the Tabs have been removed from Internet Explorer/Tools/Internet Options and/or u receive a restriction warning message, run
Restore All Tabs under Internet Options (kellyskorner tweak no 268 ) It will restore all tabs and lift the restriction.

after u have set to 'about:blank' using above or internet options now, lock it !
download this kellyskorner registry tweak and doubleclick/add 2 registry.

u will also check if ur hosts file has been hijacked.

its located in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

i suggest u download a GOOD hosts file from here *www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
unzip it and place it in the above location. replace ur existing file. dont worry !
read info in this link so that u r also satisfied. then LOCK ur hosts file.
*i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/happyandy/stylucm5.gif

Pathik

Google Bot
tip:in the future b careful wen dling keys/serials/cracks 4m such sites.. They r loaded wit malicious trojans n spywares

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
It's your fault you went to such sites. Now bear the repercussions. And I guess you should attend a few english classes. How did your PC get infected tomorrow? And what is momzilla?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom