What is BSNL EVDO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajaybc

Youngling
One of my frnds told me about BSNL EVDO service.I google and got this: *www.bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=370

According to it it is far better than the dataone service.2.4mbps UL for Rs.400???:shock:

Why isn't anybody using it?
I smell "conditions apply" or some other $hit.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^2.4mbps is speed claimed by BSNL. Practically you will never get that much. Users report it to be about 500-700kbps

OP
ajaybc

ajaybc

Youngling
^^Still it is better than Home 750UL right?
Then y r the ppl not using it and also BSNL not advertising it much?

din

Tribal Boy
Have a look

*www.bsnldatacard.com

*www.bsnlevdoclub.com

Both are by ThinkDigit Forum members. Both are un-official websites but contain more details.

prashant007

Broken In
One of my frnds told me about BSNL EVDO service.I google and got this: *www.bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=370

According to it it is far better than the dataone service.2.4mbps UL for Rs.400???:shock:

Why isn't anybody using it?
I smell "conditions apply" or some other $hit.

I`M EVDO USER AND I THINK NO BODY SHUD USE IT
IT IS WORST BCOZ I`M GETTING 0 kBPS ALLWAYS AND THE EXECUTIVES SAYS WE CAN`T HELP U SO IT REALLY SUCKS

DONT GO FOR EVDO I`M EVDO VICTIM

Last edited:

vaithy

In the zone
Hello!!
Facts about EVDO
1. Speed mentioned is theoritical.
2 Average speed in the EVDO enabled area is about 500kbps to 1mbps.
3 Further this speed also depend the EVDO tower situated near u r home/office.
4.EVDO support backwards compatability so even if you travel with your laptop around the area of cdma signals U can geeet 60 kbps to 110kpbs (cdma speed max 144 kbps).CDMA is everywhere.
5.If the modem/device is misconfigured than u may not get any signal, and retun it to exchange office to proper activation. Also request them for not to charge rental until it properly activated.
6.It is best if u opted for rental plan instead of purchasing the modem. If the speed is not upto u r expectation U can always return it( after minimum three months).
7.If there is no CDMA/EVDO towers within 6 k.m of around the area of u r home/office than u r out of luck.. EVDO is not for U

with regards,
vaithy

ironfreak

Journeyman
a noob Question about tower-

the GSM, CDMA and EVDO towers are different ? For this service which of these towers are required ?

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
Its a shared connection,speed gets divided among the no of users in that locality.
My friend have this connection,he gets more than 1mbps in non peek hours,but many ports are blocked,port forwarding is not supported in evido modem.

vaithy

In the zone
GSM and CDMA towers are different...EVDO use CDMA towers..GSM towers are concentrating on Urban areas where as CDMA(BSNL) towers are spread through rural areas... Since the rural areas are not gtting the target BB connections and internet as per GOVT decisions, EVDO is introduced as the alternative for DATAONE connections... However the policy by the BSNL is not changed now, and urban areas also getting EVDO services... Compare to rural areas EVDO services in urban areas always suffered , because of the presence of the high rise buildings, which hinder the signal strength .. so there is a inequality, where one part of area of the people getting Good signals and another part no signal at all.

vaithy

jck

Journeyman
*Above Tariff is for internet speed up to 144 kbps. (Tariff for CDMA EVDO card for speed up to 2.4 mbps will be intimated later, after installation of CDMA EVDO system).

din

Tribal Boy
@jck

That was old notification (I mean when EVDO was not available). That is changed and EVDO details are available now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom