What happened to SKOAR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

strider21

1Click to Rule them All
Does anybody know whatever happened to SKOAR!.Take a look at their website and forums ...seems like the publishers ditched SKOAR!...even
Is it time for SKOAR! - RIP ?:confused:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I visited it 2 days back & it was filled with 6 pages of spammed thread in all sections.Guess no one cares now.Sad it used to be a good place once.:(

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
They do...you just need the right attitude which was missing at SKOAR!

Check out GamingIndians and you will know.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
lol . reading month old stuff and reading reviews of "old" games are so not what uprising gamers need .. lol .. they need renovation , take a break and be back with a bang .. just how they started off initially :) ...

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
In SKOAR's defence, all I can say is that running a gaming magazine in India can a bit difficult, at least as far as getting the latest reviews are concerned.

We have been running the gaming website, The ANGRY Pixel for over a year and half now and despite having excellent relationship with all the game distributors and publishers, it still takes time for the preview and review copies to arrive on time. It is more pronounced in case of Xbox 360 or PS3 code.

Despite having the Internet on our side, previews and reviews get invariably delayed just because the PR company handling the job of dispatching the code forgot to do it on time.

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
I had started a similar thread a few months ago: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90544

All I found out that Badjag/Madjag had some trouble and after 9.9Mediaworx occupied/took over/pwn3d(choose your word) Jasubhai Digital Media Pvt. Ltd., I think they might have decided to shut it down. I saw a new issue for August(season) on the website a few days ago. I guess its finally dead. Sigh. It seriously used to be the best damn mag in the world! And at that time, digit was a top class mag too!(Why do I feel like saying-those were the days?!?)

Skoar! had language problem but they only replied harshly to made up letters, so no harm was being done!(Why does this feel like a funeral speech?!?)
Anyway, I hope the website is just down and not being put up for sale.

OP
strider21

strider21

1Click to Rule them All
Yeah sure SKOAR! was definetely the best mag...atleast they can close the forum (temporarily) instead of having spammed content all over the place...they should comeback devoid of their 'in your face' attitude which some people didn't prefer (was entertaining though) :(
Digit JUNE 2008 was the worst possible issue in it's history..and another small observation Chaitanya's great vector illustrations are absent since 9.9 pwn3d....:mad:

toofan

Technomancer
Ya their anniversary issue was a big piece of ...... and the worst. But at least now they might have improved (acc. to the feedback section). I hvn't bought digit since then but this month I will ,but I don't know when it will be available here at Nainital.

Arun the Gr8

Journeyman
Well it USED to be the best mag... and afterwards started to lose the shining...
The Apr-Jun '08 issue was the biggest piece of **** i ever bought and i couldnt believe i spent 200 bucks 4 dat just by seein the crysis cover page...

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
Nice! SKOAR! is finally set to make a comeback! The website says "We speak your language... we will be back...." etc. It now shows an image of some blood being transfused into the word SKOAR! I hadn't noticed tihs.... Let's hope they stick to their old attitude(OK, don't hope, but I will!).
Toa all those who thought that SKOAR! actually insulted their readers using insulting replies, many people have produced proof to show that those replies were only for made up e-mails.
Long Live SKOAR!

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
The site also links to another blog. Read it and be enlightened:

*skrybe.wordpress.com/

Start your engines

* November 10, 2008 – 11:23 am
* Posted in Inside Skoar
* Tagged Edition 17, Launch, Overlord, Skrybe
* Comments (0)

This is the opening post of The Skrybe’s Blog. Here I, The Skrybe, shall chronicle the happenings at Skoar. For the newcomers, Skoar is primarily a magazine and website that focuses on gaming.

Skoar loyalists are aware that the Overlord, aka Badri Narayan, the former Editor of Skoar has retired from this position. His boots are large and it is going to be a challenge to fill them. He is obviously missed by his readers. This is apparent from his mailbox– he has handed me the access details. The Overlord’s mail box is full of mails from readers aching to know when it’ll be done. Other people are sending in job applications, asking to work for the magazine.

The last release was the Edition 17, in June. It’s been nearly half a year between editions and the site hasn’t been updated in months. It’s time to get crakking. From here on it is my responsibility to ensure you get what you want from Skoar. It’s been a week since I’ve taken the seat as the Editor of Skoar. Today is my sixth day here. We are now relaunching in a special magazine-in-magazine edition with the December issue of Digit magazine.

Write to me at skrybe@9dot9.in , and expect a reply.

It will be done.

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
I've finally got hold of something that will prove that SKOAR!'s attitude was actually humorous!
This is a direct quote from the mag. This was actually a reply to a spam recieved by SKOAR! Enjoy the read!:D
The E-mail forwarder’s 12 step program. Everyone repeat after us:-
• I will not get bad luck, lose my friends, or lose my mailing list if I don’t forward and e-mail.
• I will not be blessed if I do forward an e-mail.
• Bill Gates is not going to send me money, and Victoria’s Secret doesn’t know anything about the gift certificate it’s supposed to send.
• Ford will not give me a 50% discount even if I forward my email to over 50 people.
• I will never receive any coupons or freebies from Coca Cola or anyone else if I send an email to 10 people.
• The phrase “This really happened” is never true... never!
• There is no such thing as an e-mail tracing program, and I am not stupid enough to think that someone will send me Rs 1000 for forwarding an e-mail to 10 or mo people.
• There is no kid with cancer through the Make-a-Wish programme collecting anything!
• The government does not have a bill called 901B (or whatever they named it this week), which, if passed, will enable them to charge us 50 paisa for every e-mail we send.
• There will be no dancing, singing, waving, colorful flowers, characters, or other program that I will receive immediately after forward an e-mail. None, zip, zero, nada!
• The Red Cross will NOT donate Rs 5 to certain individuals dying of some never heard-of disease for every e-mail address I send this to. The Red Cross receives donations.
• And finally, I will not let morons guilt-trip me into sending things by telling me I am not their friend or that I don’t believe in God. He seemed to get along okay before e-mail!
• Now, repeat this to yourself until you have it memorized, and then send it to at least five of your friends before the next full moon or you will be constipated for the next three months and all of your hair will fall out!

See? SKOAR!'s attitude WAS funny as anything! In fact, I do use this reply to reply to any spam I get. (I've replied thrice and once got a reply with just one word:lol )

Last edited:

kirayamato

Right off the assembly line
hi can anyone help me!!.......i need to subscribe to SKOAR! but i can't find the subscription form anywhere........the mag is hard to find...... can u please tell me where i can get a subscription form????
thax in advance

jacobcherian

Right off the assembly line
There isn't a subscription form for Skoar! right now.
We have relaunched the website - www.skoar.com . This is the first phase of the site. A full blown site is soon to follow. The stories and reviews that were embedded in the December issue of Digit are available on the site now.
There are also links to the reopened Skoar! forum, as well as the editor's blog.
Soon there will be an Events page as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom