What happened to Mozilla?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
The latest build really sucks... For the past few weeks there is no option to pause the file downloading using videodownloadhelper plugin. Now, downloading file is not showing. Have to view them in history. No option to see the progress of download. Out of frustration I cancelled the download by force closing browser. To add fuel in the fire, when I started a new session, those cancelled downloads are downloading automatically. I have set browser not to remember anything. WTF!!! Not suppose to remember anything, it didn't stop there and go on downloading the things I cancelled. I couldn't stop it... I had to close the browser to stop downloading. But again, it will start on its own when I open the browser. Removed the plugin, no help. Run CCCleaner, no help. Checked the options and cleared the history, no help. Now, I can't even use the fxxxxx browser. It's really annoying... :evil:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
OMG. I was on v27.0.1. And just to check on what version I was I clicked About Firefox. And now its downloading an update. :'(

HOW TO CANCEL THE DAMN UPDATE. Noooooooooooooooooooooo

If you don't hear any update from me soon, consider me offline. :(

- - - Updated - - -

Update: My FF updated to 28.0. And just realized my downloads starts in IDM not in FF.
So nvm the commotion.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
OMG. I was on v27.0.1. And just to check on what version I was I clicked About Firefox. And now its downloading an update. :'(

- - - Updated - - -

Update: My FF updated to 28.0. And just realized my downloads starts in IDM not in FF.
So nvm the commotion.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Waterfox?

it is advertised as 64 bit version of firefox. But it is really a ram hog.
also, it seems, mozilla had tried a 64 bit version of firefox but was not any better than the current 32bit. Probably the reason they have skipped the 64 bit public version.

- - - Updated - - -

you can change it in the options tab.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent

- - - Updated - - -

So nvm the commotion.

Unplug Internet :lol:

$hadow

Geek in making
it is advertised as 64 bit version of firefox. But it is really a ram hog.
also, it seems, mozilla had tried a 64 bit version of firefox but was not any better than the current 32bit. Probably the reason they have skipped the 64 bit public version.

- - - Updated - - -

you can change it in the options tab.
Ah thanks for the input mate.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Waterfox, Palemoon??? I haven't heard about these browsers before.
Plugins? or you installed any new plugin recently that caused this issue?
No, new plugins.
Reset the browser, and it stopped those annoying downloads.

Roopatg

Broken In
While coming to browser,I prefer to use Google chrome and torch browsers.These are very user friendly.

Last edited:

ankush28

Bazinga
If it's giving this much problems then uninstall it! There are hell lot of browsers out there. Try Chrome.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Not using it anymore. Gave me a headache after not starting at all. Somehow i reset it in safe mode and was able to access. Now its not able to download anything or go to options. I checked for threads on internet. Few others had the same problem and i followed the steps outlined to no avail. Unreliable browser. Using chrome now.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent

- - - Updated - - -

So nvm the commotion.

To disable that

1. Type about:config in url and open.

2. Toggle app.update.enabled to false.

Top Bottom