What happended to digit os?

hari1

In the zone
I was reading old issues of digit today and I read about the Digit OS. It was a customized version of Ubuntu with many software's preinatalld and Ubuntu icon replaced with 'D's icon:) But no new version was released later. What do you think about it? I really feel that Digit should start making it again.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Its Ubuntu with SW one can freely download. It was customised by one man only its possible hedsoesn‘t have the time to update it with each new Ubuntu release.

OP
hari1

hari1

In the zone
Its Ubuntu with SW one can freely download. It was customised by one man only its possible hedsoesn‘t have the time to update it with each new Ubuntu release.

What about this idea- after every Ubuntu release, Digit should ask on forum what they want on Digit OS. They could pre- installed wine pre-configured to run windows software, they could install lots of dependencies to reduce headaches of people trying to install software and finally bundle only deb files in DVD so that we would not have to compile the source ourselves which is a very painful process for new users(even me though I am an old user). And wallpapers contests with every release:)
What do you think?

And the Digit community will finalize what should be given in each release with votings.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
TBH I don‘t think it‘ worth the time and effort.
Everything can be easily installed and you can yourself change icons to digit icon if you wish to by getting Ubuntu or any other distro for that matter.

OP
hari1

hari1

In the zone
TBH I don‘t think it‘ worth the time and effort.
Everything can be easily installed and you can yourself change icons to digit icon if you wish to by getting Ubuntu or any other distro for that matter.

I know that these can be done easily. I was just thinking about it and nothing else. Also, what does TBH mean?

Top Bottom