What graphics card should I buy for my system? (want to play gta5, arkham knight, witcher 3)

rajesh00

Journeyman
It may take up to 7 working days. I received my code on 5th day or so. When did you submit that form?

Yesterday.

What Nvidia says is Witcher 3 is a coupon code comes in the box or with SOME retailers and Batman through online submission. Last date is July 1 or untill codes last.So witcher 3 is gone. If lucky gets batman AK else screw nvidia promo.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Yesterday.

What Nvidia says is Witcher 3 is a coupon code comes in the box or with SOME retailers and Batman through online submission. Last date is June 1 or untill codes last.So witcher 3 is gone. If lucky gets batman AK else screw nvidia promo.

Ask them for Witcher 3 as Arkham Knight (PC) is fcuked up as of now. Even GTX 970 can't run it smoothly or glitch free.

Kaltrops

In the zone
Congrats on your purchases guys :)

I got Arkham Knight and The Witcher 3 with my 970. I had to email Nvidia with my invoice. Took a couple of days to get my codes. But the offer ended on June 29th.

There's a new offer for Metal Gear Solid 5 : The Phantom Pain. :)

rajesh00

Journeyman
Congrats on your purchases guys :)

I got Arkham Knight and The Witcher 3 with my 970. I had to email Nvidia with my invoice. Took a couple of days to get my codes. But the offer ended on June 29th.

There's a new offer for Metal Gear Solid 5 : The Phantom Pain. :)

Those games are for 970 and 980.I think 960 offer is ended.

- - - Updated - - -

Ask them for Witcher 3 as Arkham Knight (PC) is fcuked up as of now. Even GTX 970 can't run it smoothly or glitch free.

I only see phantom pain and batman in game list when filling purchase info.

No reply from Nvidia so far.
Seller's reply was contact amazon.
Amazon says give us 2 days as we working on it to figure it out.

I don't think there will be any game code for GTX 960 users.Seems like all codes are redeemed.

Kaltrops

In the zone
Those games are for 970 and 980.I think 960 offer is ended.

- - - Updated - - -

I only see phantom pain and batman in game list when filling purchase info.

No reply from Nvidia so far.
Seller's reply was contact amazon.
Amazon says give us 2 days as we working on it to figure it out.

I don't think there will be any game code for GTX 960 users.Seems like all codes are redeemed.
Those games were for 960, 970 and 980.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Yesterday.

What Nvidia says is Witcher 3 is a coupon code comes in the box or with SOME retailers and Batman through online submission. Last date is July 1 or untill codes last.So witcher 3 is gone. If lucky gets batman AK else screw nvidia promo.

Well, the offer you were talking ended a few months ago itself as others have stated it(Witcher 3 for GTX 900 series and Arkham Knight for 970/980). With the new offer you get only the Arkham Knight with GTX 900 series GPU.

rajesh00

Journeyman
Well, the offer you were talking ended a few months ago itself as others have stated it(Witcher 3 for GTX 900 series and Arkham Knight for 970/980). With the new offer you get only the Arkham Knight with GTX 900 series GPU.

Yes, Offer for Witcher 3 is over.And also Amazon is not in the promo list.So even if there is any offer we won't get Witcher 3.

Only offer that left is through Submission and it has only 2 games Phantom pain and Batman AK,either 1 to choose.But both games are expected to release after September. I'm not sure they gonna send us redeem code. Some ppl didn't get the code even after 1 month

Just hoping for luck.

- - - Updated - - -

and its amazon fulfilled too

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah!! I ordered !! thanks alot rajesh bhai

Did you received the card?

Make sure you install Geforce experience,it will apply optimal settings for all games installed,that gives you lag free gaming with best settings.Ofcourse,you can also change settings ingame if you want.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Yes, Offer for Witcher 3 is over.And also Amazon is not in the promo list.So even if there is any offer we won't get Witcher 3.

Only offer that left is through Submission and it has only 2 games Phantom pain and Batman AK,either 1 to choose.But both games are expected to release after September. I'm not sure they gonna send us redeem code. Some ppl didn't get the code even after 1 month

Just hoping for luck.

Guess, you have misunderstood. I have already redeemed Batman: Arkham Knight. As I have already told, I received the email only after 4 or 5 working days. Wait for a couple of days. If you don't receive any email with redemption link/code by that time, you can contact Nvidia support to get your code.

rajesh00

Journeyman
Guess, you have misunderstood. I have already redeemed Batman: Arkham Knight. As I have already told, I received the email only after 4 or 5 working days. Wait for a couple of days. If you don't receive any email with redemption link/code by that time, you can contact Nvidia support to get your code.

Ya,it may take some days hopefully.

Kaltrops

In the zone

Just hoping for luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you received the card?

Make sure you install Geforce experience,it will apply optimal settings for all games installed,that gives you lag free gaming with best settings.Ofcourse,you can also change settings ingame if you want.

Geforce experience for tweaking game settings is a terrible idea! I never use it. It puts everything on Ultra with 4 times MSAA with Hairworks on high for Witcher 3 for 970 gtx. I can never get 60fps with those settings.

The best thing I can recommend is to calibrate manually to see what gives you consistent 60fps, then go to the Nvidia control panel, turn on adaptive vsync and turn off vsync in the game's menu.

rajesh00

Journeyman
Geforce experience for tweaking game settings is a terrible idea! I never use it. It puts everything on Ultra with 4 times MSAA with Hairworks on high for Witcher 3 for 970 gtx. I can never get 60fps with those settings.

The best thing I can recommend is to calibrate manually to see what gives you consistent 60fps, then go to the Nvidia control panel, turn on adaptive vsync and turn off vsync in the game's menu.

No,its not about getting 60fps. Those settings are to get lag and stutter free gaming. Everything above 40fps is good.

Currently playing Shadow of mordor.The game always run between 45-55fps. min 40fps and max 70fps on gtx 960 with all ultra but texture quality to very high because of 2gb vram.I don't see any lag or stutter or stuck whatsoever.Game is pretty smooth.

Kaltrops

In the zone
No,its not about getting 60fps. Those settings are to get lag and stutter free gaming. Everything above 40fps is good.

Currently playing Shadow of mordor.The game always run between 45-55fps. min 40fps and max 70fps on gtx 960 with all ultra but texture quality to very high because of 2gb vram.I don't see any lag or stutter or stuck whatsoever.Game is pretty smooth.

60fps at 1080p should be minimum, sorry. You scale everything based on that value. If not then 30 at 1080p.

I don't think you understand how framerates work. You either go to 30 locked or 60 locked or 120 locked. You should double frames. Dropping a few frames here and there is fine. You don't fluctuate between 40 to 70. That's madness. What a pathetic gaming experience. Adaptive Vsync was invented to prevent that very thing from happening.

Everyone knows that matching your games framerate and resolution to the display's refresh rate and resolution will give you the best experience possible.

rajesh00

Journeyman
60fps at 1080p should be minimum, sorry. You scale everything based on that value. If not then 30 at 1080p.

I don't think you understand how framerates work. You either go to 30 locked or 60 locked or 120 locked. You should double frames. Dropping a few frames here and there is fine. You don't fluctuate between 40 to 70. That's madness. What a pathetic gaming experience. Adaptive Vsync was invented to prevent that very thing from happening.

Everyone knows that matching your games framerate and resolution to the display's refresh rate and resolution will give you the best experience possible.

I said 40 is min and 70 is max but i didn't said all the time.I know, no matter how high is the fps, it only matches with screen refresh rate
Frame fluctuation happens based on many things in game.you cannot get constant fps unless you set the graphic settings based on your GPU's capability or having a high end card.

As i can tell you,even at 40fps i didn't miss anything.These graphics settings are very minimal to notice but they effect fps drastically.

OP
H

hames1989

Broken In
recieved the card, my monitor is 900p and have a dvi(d) 24+1 and vga slot, the card has only hdmi and dvi(i) 24+5 slot, i used the adapter to connect the vga cable with card, now the resolution is messed up, geforce game ready driver is downloading, will it solve the problem >?

resolution stuck at 1280*1024, monitor showing as generic non pnp monitor

rajesh00

Journeyman
recieved the card, my monitor is 900p and have a dvi(d) 24+1 and vga slot, the card has only hdmi and dvi(i) 24+5 slot, i used the adapter to connect the vga cable with card, now the resolution is messed up, geforce game ready driver is downloading, will it solve the problem >?

resolution stuck at 1280*1024, monitor showing as generic non pnp monitor

Once graphics driver installed,it'll set to screen resolution.

Bhav

Broken In
have also having the same config but my monitor is 1080p i am confused between gtx 950 and gtx 960 which one one will be better for 1080p games like far cry 3 & 4 , crysis 2,3 and nfs rivals

Kaltrops

In the zone
have also having the same config but my monitor is 1080p i am confused between gtx 950 and gtx 960 which one one will be better for 1080p games like far cry 3 & 4 , crysis 2,3 and nfs rivals
960 is the more powerful card. Even an overclocked 950 isn't as powerful as the 960.

Top Bottom