What graphics card should I buy for my system? (want to play gta5, arkham knight, witcher 3)

rajesh00

Journeyman
GTX 960 is cheap and better.It does play all games but GTA 5 is poorly optimized,so u may experience some stuttering with 960 due to 2GB vram (i faced same even though i get 60fps constant and with 2.6GB vram )but i also saw some ppl have stuttering even with GTX 970..So its not right to say its due to 2GB vram,just poorly optomized.

I played Shadow of mordor at ultra settings and texture at very high even though it says less vram avalable..I got 40-43 fps constant in map1 and 35-40fps in map2. Vram usage was ~3GB still i don't see any lag or stutter(2 times i see lag but no stutter).Very well optimized game. I pushed that far coz i wanted to experience the graphics of SOM.

Bhav

Broken In
one last question is it worth to buy a 4 gb or should i buy 2 gb version
after this i will buy my new card

rajesh00

Journeyman

You may need 4GB VRAM in future but not necessary as of now.If this is your final card then get 4GB variant(if you have budget ) else u can get 2GB as of now and after 1 or 2yrs there will be better games that demand even better cards.But with 4GB you can pass VRAM issues but you hardly gain ~5fps over 2gb..

I must say Asus GTX 960 at 100% it reaches max of 65'c..Thats really great..I heard with AMD cards go as far as 80'c and ppl play at that temp.

Kaltrops

In the zone
You may need 4GB VRAM in future but not necessary as of now.If this is your final card then get 4GB variant(if you have budget ) else u can get 2GB as of now and after 1 or 2yrs there will be better games that demand even better cards.But with 4GB you can pass VRAM issues but you hardly gain ~5fps over 2gb..
There are many games that use more than 2gb right now.

Kaltrops

In the zone
Yes.But with increase in settings, increases vram which also results low fps.Which is not good for card like GTX 960.

But You hardly notice any graphic detail..
Exactly. Increase in settings means increase in vram, therefore more vram the better.

Never compromise on vram unless you can't afford it.

You do notice details in texture quality and resolution scaling.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

4GB version of GTX960 will be closer to 970 4GB in price. Better get a GTX 970 then.

Top Bottom