what did i do wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear imrocking_since92,

You have received an infraction at Digit Technology Discussion Forum.

Reason: Violation of Bazaar section rules.

Guys i got this message after i posted the following message in bazaar section:
"Hey guys i want to sell my xfx geforce 8600 ddr2 512 mb ram for only Rs 500/-
shipping extra..i had bought it in 2009..i already upgraded my pc so i dont require this card on my older pc..let me know if any one interested..i live in nasik, maharashtra..thanks.."

I read the rules also after getting this message but did not understand my mistake..only thing i could think of was thr was no photo uploaded but thr..so can u anyone plsz point out the mistake or is it not uploading a photo??

Krow

Crowman
Rules clearly state you must upload picture with your username and today's date on a piece of paper next to it. You made the same mistake twice in one day and got two heavy infractions.

We enforce rules strictly in Bazaar section. Kindly keep that in mind before making threads there.

Feel free to make a fresh thread with appropriate pictures. Thanks. :)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/bazaar/143977-bazaar-section-rules-updated.html <-- Bazaar section rules. Ban was for NOT uploading photo twice. We are very strict in Bazaar section.

You started a thread without following the rules. We gave you an infraction so that you read them. 3 points.

You started pretty much the same thread again. You got another infraction. 3 points again.

3 + 3 = 6. If somebody has active infractions of more than 5 points, forum system bans him automatically. And there you got an automated ban. :( Fully justified.

An example of properly started Bazaar thread - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/bazaar/154113-belkin-basic-n150-wireless.html

OP of both your threads.
imrocking_since92 said:
Hey i have got an xfx nvidia geforce 8600 gt ddr2 512 mb ram.
I an selling it only for Rs 500..shipping extra..let me know if anyone interested..
i live in nasik, maharashtra..
imrocking_since92 said:
Hey guys i want to sell my xfx geforce 8600 ddr2 512 mb ram for only Rs 500/-
shipping extra..i had bought it in 2009..i already upgraded my pc so i dont require this card on my older pc..let me know if any one interested..i live in nasik, maharashtra..thanks..

Feel free to start a proper Bazaar thread. Thanks. :)

OP
I

imrocking_since92

Journeyman
Thanks for pointing out guys..
Actully i dont check my email everyday so i dint knew i got an infraction for first time..
I was surprised to see that my thread got vanished..I thought probably the thread did not get created proparly so i created it second time..sorry or the inconvenience..

ps: what does bump mean??

thatsashok

peace panda
it means to push up your sale thread into latest activity threads by posting something in that thread generally the word bump itself.

But I did not find in Bazaar section rules that the thread can be bumped

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@imrocking_since92 you donot have to check your email for infraction. Just open the Usercp and there will be infractions mentioned below the subscribed threads.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
1. For infraction you need not check E-Mail as stated already, you get notification as like PM's beside your username. You can check infraction from UserCP.

2. Bump are used to make the thread visible to people when it doesn't get noticed due to other threads. NOTE : Bumps can be used once in 24 Hours or Updation of Price (whichever is earlier).

OP
I

imrocking_since92

Journeyman
Guys got another infraction..

Upload pics with your TDF ID and Date mentioned on a piece of paper.

Proper pics not uploaded even after warning.

Can anyone plszz tell wats an tdf id??

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Guys got another infraction..

Upload pics with your TDF ID and Date mentioned on a piece of paper.

Proper pics not uploaded even after warning.

Can anyone plszz tell wats an tdf id??

Did you saw the post that ico posted above..??

Check *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/bazaar/154113-belkin-basic-n150-wireless.html <-- Example of Perfect For Sale thread

TDF ID is your UserID / Username i.e imrocking_since92.

Take a piece of paper, write your Username, write Date, Write the Product Name you are willing to sell.

Take picture of your product, along with that piece of paper.

In more simple words, Keep the paper in such way along with the product that both product and that notes on that paper is visible.

Eg. *i44.tinypic.com/vxg805.jpg

^^See, his User Name and Date is visible. (Those are primary) But it's good practice to also write the product name.

Why we are asking you to do all this..??
Because we(forum stuff) and member(who are interested in buying your product) don't know whether you have actually clicked the picture or just copied it from some other forum on internet.

Hope it's clear now.

NOTE : To avoid more infractions, consult with us, before creating another FS Thread, if it's still not clear.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
hmm read the rules. :| You haven't read them still.

How difficult is it to understand this:

To keep the Bazaar section organized, members are kindly requested to follow the mentioned template for their [For Sale] threads:

1. *Model number and details:
2. *Date of purchase:
3. Reason for sale:
4. Warranty details:
5. *Expected Price:
6. *Location of Seller:
7. *Pictures along with your User ID + date written on a piece of paper.

Details marked with a * are mandatory for posting a sale.

Guideline for images

1. The images HAVE TO be there.
2. The image must have proof that your have clicked it.
3. There has to be a piece of paper with your User ID + current date next to the image.
4. Should be clear.
5. Cannot post / paste / update the images later on.

Threads not adhering to the above guidelines will be immediately trashed. No request or leeway for time here. This is to protect the interests of the forum and members against fraudulent deals.

OP
I

imrocking_since92

Journeyman
Thanks guys for replying..i totally understand the need for these procedures..i was too lazy to read the rules carefully..next time i will take care of it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom