What Can be the problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarKoDaKan

Right off the assembly line
Hi all..

I am having a problem with by PC (its 3 years old).. CPU Usage is going to 100% mostly when i browse. bcos of this its Slow
Usually I play games Online In Face Book and Others

Processor: AMD Athelon 64 X2 Dual Core 4600+ 2.41 Gz
Ram 2*2Gb = 4 Gb (2.75 usable)

*img33.imageshack.us/img33/5295/96059953.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Please tell me what can be the problem

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Chrome is using way too much CPU and RAM.
Common problem among many. Try using Firefox or Opera. Lot lot better than chrome.

you also might want to check for virus using any free antivirus like Avira or Avg.

OP
K

KarKoDaKan

Right off the assembly line
Chrome is using way too much CPU and RAM.
Common problem among many. Try using Firefox or Opera. Lot lot better than chrome.

you also might want to check for virus using any free antivirus like Avira or Avg.

I tried with all browsers.. Same happens...

Does 32bit OS Only allows 2.75 GB

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
try updating your browser/browsers along with all plugins(flash) & 32 bit OS is limited to 3gb(lesser because some ram is used by integrated graphics of the mobo).

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
yea. Install 64-bit OS for using full 4GB RAM. 32-bit is restricted to ~3 GB.

Also, use Opera. Chrome is notorious for RAM usage.

balaji2525

Broken In
This might be due to, you opened too many instance of chrome (or) may be virus,try to look the processes run by other users . Try to use single instance of the browser as you have tabbed browsing with chrome and use a standard antivirus software to keep away the virus or use Linux.

danny14871

Broken In
How come u hav so many instances of google chrome?
Have u opened that many instances or just once?

Try using a maintenance software like "Advanced system care" (a freeware), clean out all the redundant registry entries, empty folders, browser history etc.
Then use an anti-malware like malwarebytes to clear out any spyware.
Try defragmenting the hard-drive.
If all these, fails.... i guez u will hav to format and install a fresh copy of win 7.

Hope this helps..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
chrome uses separate instance for each plugin too.i have kaspersky internet security & using chrome task manager(left click on top/title bar)it shows 6 processes related to kaspersky(url filtering,site advisor,...etc).this results in 8 instances of chrome when simply google home page is opened(2 chrome+6 kaspersky).if you open a flash/multimedia site plugins like flash will result in more chrome instances.i too get 10 chrome processes on an average site.

doomgiver

Warframe
see? you had the solution to your problem right there :)
get rid of chrome, its a known resource hog.

dont use the aero interface, and disable the fancy eye candy.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Chrome is sandboxed. Each tab is a new instance.

But Firefox is slow. With extensions, memory usage goes over the top. Chromesque.

Network wise or Performance Wise(though one affects other anyways)..Bcoz From my experience I can tell Browsing With Firefox is much faster than Opera specially on slower network(dont tell about Opera Turbo).

BTW I barely Use Any Extensions With Firefox other than the preloaded ones so memory usage remains min. for me.:wink:

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
My choice and recommendation goes with Opera though that's a matter of personal choice of what browser is good for someone - even if OP wants he can use IE9 ;-)

So the bottom line is simple : OP have to get rid of Chrome and use any other ( non chrome based ) browser.

danny14871

Broken In
get rid of chrome man....use firefox with just the basic extensions and plugings. Disable personas & fancy themes..I sure is the best as far as browsing on a pc is concerned.

sanju_nlp81

Broken In
Here are my speedtest results from:

Internet Explorer 9

*www.speedtest.net/result/1885919946.png

Google Chrome 18.0.1025.152 m

*speedtest.net/result/1885916379.png

I am using BSNL Wimax with 1 Mbps plan.

Rest on you

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Network wise or Performance Wise(though one affects other anyways)..Bcoz From my experience I can tell Browsing With Firefox is much faster than Opera specially on slower network(dont tell about Opera Turbo).

BTW I barely Use Any Extensions With Firefox other than the preloaded ones so memory usage remains min. for me.:wink:
lol, Opera > Firefox. Whether fast network or slow. Whether simple rendering or synthetic benchmarks. Whether memory consumption or feature out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom