What are the charges for web designers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
hi. i just want to know what are the standard charges for a freelance and professional web designers in India respectively.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Well for corporate sector... My Bro is in HCL Infotech Web divition, i have heared that they never except any project under 10 Lacks... lol...

as for FreeLance goes... it depends on the work load and the project value... also up to ur client and his/her buying power...

There are place where 3 Page web site (from few selected template and given matter written in Word format) + 5MB cPanel Hosting + 1 .com Domain name is available for Rs. 800 /-

then again few good freelancers charge Rs. 1000 to Rs. 2000 for single page...

its all depends on the developer and the client, what type of Work load and etc...

By the way are you client or a developer .... lol...

:)

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
saurav_cheeta said:
Well for corporate sector... My Bro is in HCL Infotech Web divition, i have heared that they never except any project under 10 Lacks... lol...

as for FreeLance goes... it depends on the work load and the project value... also up to ur client and his/her buying power...

There are place where 3 Page web site (from few selected template and given matter written in Word format) + 5MB cPanel Hosting + 1 .com Domain name is available for Rs. 800 /-

then again few good freelancers charge Rs. 1000 to Rs. 2000 for single page...

its all depends on the developer and the client, what type of Work load and etc...

By the way are you client or a developer .... lol...

:)

IJJACTLY :grin:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Great Flash work.. without doubt...

though u have not asked for review... but still...

1.U must have a domain name for start... just Rs. 350 to Rs 400 for a .com domain...

2. 2nd Flash are great but when they are over used (like in ur case) they are not good, rather they make the site look poor... :(

3. Concentrate more and more on simple HTML... That too can make a site look out standing, yes i will use flash but in far lower volume... Golden rule, a good site is a fast loading site.... even i am unable to open ur home page :( (with my DataOne)

abhi.eternal said:
how much do you think i should charge??

you are the best person to judge, that how much u can get from the buyer... unfortunatelly we are not... :(

OP
abhi.eternal

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
shashank4u said:
yr site's flash work is nice..
saurav_cheeta said:
Great Flash work.. without doubt...
Thanks.

shashank4u said:
but the site lag some professionalism..
saurav_cheeta said:
1.U must have a domain name for start... just Rs. 350 to Rs 400 for a .com domain...

2. 2nd Flash are great but when they are over used (like in ur case) they are not good, rather they make the site look poor... :(

3. Concentrate more and more on simple HTML... That too can make a site look out standing, yes i will use flash but in far lower volume... Golden rule, a good site is a fast loading site.... even i am unable to open ur home page :( (with my DataOne)
my site is still in beta. if u went to my homepage link u can see the release date (on the link to my site). obviously there will be updates.

saurav_cheeta said:
you are the best person to judge, that how much u can get from the buyer... unfortunatelly we are not...
i mean to ask after seeing my design and layout, how much do you think i should charge? the offers i m getting are simply too many, and i haven't got clue about the rates!

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
To much animation on the page is not a very professional choice, animation should be used wisely or not at all until needed. Although i am not myself a very good web designer to judge your work, but learning through daily browsing of some good sites there are some common points which every professional site includes. The layout/design of every site depends on the topic/nature of the content. For example a tech site look cant fit on a religious site :p.
I have designed a blogger template for our community's site(still many changes to be made) , not the awesome kind of design but i think its ok wrt topic. www.mskota.com

shantanu

Technomancer
wow !!! great Site www.mskota.com

I am also thinking to have my own domain Now means .com

i am using a free host till now...

so what can it be means which host service..

i enquired net4domains.com

but didnt find it cool... so what you guys say...

My site is a non-flash one.. coz i dont know flash much... :D :D

www.thecomputernext.bravehost.com

may take some time to load

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
If you want to see something professional. Go to templetemonster.com

Combine
1. www.templatemonster.com/
2. www.rentacoder.com
3. www.getafreelancer.com/

and you have nice looking website after spending some money :)

Last edited:

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
brush up on your css. My browser says unable to resolve url. Guess the name server is acting up again. <sigh> Will try later then.

---
Ok, got it opened. Few suggestion.
Try to get the content organized.
Use a bit smaller fonts, a little more darker. Finally it depends on the color combination.
Use only one flash at the most. Make it something that advertises your talents well. Plan it well and work on it in details. <You are a designer. You must be good at it>
But the site is cool

OP
abhi.eternal

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
a really gr8 site tarey_g. but you all are drifting from the main topic. i just want to know what are the standard charges for a freelance and professional web designer in India respectively. and thanks about your reviews but no thanks. i'll be glad if you give the reviews after the site is launched properly. if you visited my homepage, you know the date.

shantanu

Technomancer
the charges are :

three pages: 3500/-
5 to 8 pages: 5500/-
10-15 pages: 6000/-

and rest per page after that or for BIG contracts as of 40-50 or more depends on the type....

but a single per page cost is around 1200/-

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
i think if u re starting ur professional life start with a bit low price..
when i started i did so per page:
for static and non flash:400
for static and flash+html: 600
for each dynamic page with ASP/JSP/PHP its 900
and the domain name and space need to be given by the client..
If u start with less u can compete better with current market..and i think at ur age its better to get the experience then to jump for too much money so that after that u can earn more..

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
@abhi
u proved that u kno how to do it, but then ur site lacks professional touch. i guess web design is more of a creative stuff, so try to be creative. and yes no one like too much of animation so try to minimize it. try make it as simle as possible but attractive.
i personally have done a lot of web designing for may clients. some of them are still there on net and some expired.
i had charged my clients somewat like this:
for static and non flash:400
for static and flash+html: 600
for each dynamic page with ASP/JSP/PHP its 900

price start from Rs. 400 to ....

but some home based web designers charge rs. 500 per page of website+domain +web space... domain and web space varies depends on speed and server...

tuxfan

Technomancer
abhi.eternal said:
Ok. So you will make and handover the designs to a developer to implement? Then for web-templates (depending on the quality of work) you can charge from Rs. 2500 to Rs. 15000 (or more) per design. Flash additional. Charges depend on the complexity.

Many people have recommended per page charges. That system can be used for development, not designing! Even otherwise, I will not recommend that.

I use CSS+PHP even for simplest of sites. So I have to put in max effort in making the first page. After that it is just copy+paste of contents and little customisation. First page may take 6 hours, 2nd page onwards not even 30 mins per page!

So the best way is to charge lumpsum and not per-page. Additionally, if you give options to clients he will feel better. ;) So give a break-up of various things. For example, if he already has a template then you should charge less.

This is what you can do:

1. Design/Template - Rs. xxxx onwards
2. Flash Intro - Rs. xxxx onwards
3. Flash Header - Rs. xxxx onwards
4. Other Flash elements - Rs. xxxx onwards
5. Development - Rs. xxxx upto 10 pages, Rs. yyyy upto 20 pages, etc.

xxxx and yyyy will depend on the complexity of work involved. There is no fixed standards in this. And all these "onwards" are for you. :)) So depending on the client and type of work, give definite figures.

Plus, it is always advisable to charge in installments and in advance. For example, I request for 25% + 50% + 25% (or 100% ;)) in advance at various stages of work.

but didnt find it cool... so what you guys say...

My site is a non-flash one.. coz i dont know flash much... :D :D

www.thecomputernext.bravehost.com

may take some time to load

You are right. Net4domains suck! I can register domains as well as provide hosting in clustered setup with cPanel :) PM me if you need more information.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom