What after BE (IT) for batch 2012 ?

sinalkar.sanjay

Always Ready To Learn
Thanks Everyone for your valuable suggestion ! Its better to go post gradation..........! I developed Android Based Project for final year learned android as basic , will first try to find Small Scale Companies ,which give me platform to perform !

Last edited:

abhidev

Human Spambot
since you know java...u can become a java developer...if you hv plans of further studies then go for MS or MBA

Minion

Conversation Architect
You have mentioned you are doing android project you can build career as android developer my suggestion is opt for a training institute that provide training in android and provide placement but do some research.

crazylamhe

Broken In
Java, J2ME, Android development all have wide scope, my view you should choose what suits you the best/what interests you the most then carry forward your journey accordingly !

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
In my opinion you should focus on your communication skills as it will be extremely useful for your career no matter what you choose.
+1 to this. Communication skill is very important. IMHO, it is more important than technical skills. Coz, once you are in a project, you will have to handle customers from all over the world. And dont let your communication become a barrier for job.
Marks in 12th is little low. But there are companies that do not look for marks.

You have plenty more companies to choose from. Dont worry. Work hard on your communication skills. And do let us know when you are placed. All the best.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Is communication skill really that important??..I can't help but ask this as we are in technology field. What difference does it make if a guy can speak fluent english as long as he presents the fact coherently? All that matters he aint misunderstood.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
For freshers, it is really important. Most companies do not expect much from freshers in terms of technical knowledge.
I have seen my friends unable to secure a job due to bad communication skills.
Also, in my current project, there are people, who has no onsite ever after working in same project for 5 years due to bad communication skills.

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^ Which c/o you working for buddy??..But thats really sad!! Heck these c/os might recruit B.A/M.A English grads if they are so worried to have fluent english speakers working for 'em. Sorry I can't help but think its all a big facade.

I apologize if I hurt anyone's sentiments.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
^^ Which c/o you working for buddy??..But thats really sad!! Heck these c/os might recruit B.A/M.A English grads if they are so worried to have fluent english speakers working for 'em. Sorry I can't help but think its all a big facade.

I apologize if I hurt anyone's sentiments.

Communication skills are important for everybody. In fact, it is perceived by corporates that your ability to communicate in a foreign language such as English is directly proportional to your ability to learn and understand new things. Thus, your communication skill is an important aspect of your success as an engineer, since engineering itself is a field that involves far more than just technical prowess, as there are economics, logistics, time delays, etc. involved.

The biggest problem with engineers today (including IITians) is that most of them concentrated only on PCM and technical subjects and completely disregarded other subjects. A well rounded individual is one who knows a little bit of everything - that is why we have all these subjects in school. Thus, I can completely understand the stress on communication skills. What I do not understand is why companies need to hire engineers at all, since there are other graduates who can do many of these jobs with better communication skills and demanding lower salary.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Communication skills are important for everybody. In fact, it is perceived by corporates that your ability to communicate in a foreign language such as English is directly proportional to your ability to learn and understand new things. Thus, your communication skill is an important aspect of your success as an engineer, since engineering itself is a field that involves far more than just technical prowess, as there are economics, logistics, time delays, etc. involved.

Boy thats so NOOOT true!! In my class alone we had some guys who were very fluent in English & other languages like French, German, Japanese(as its compulsory in O & A levels) but had hard time making a K-map for 3 variables Boolean expression, which BTW is basics of Digital Electronics. And this holds true for all other sections & branches in my college. Whereas the same was a breeze for the students from other parts of the country(my class mainly had guys from Bihar, U.P) who couldn't even utter a single sentence in English properly.
Well my point being - ability to communicate in English is not directly proportional to your ability to learn and understand new things.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Boy thats so NOOOT true!! In my class alone we had some guys who were very fluent in English & other languages like French, German, Japanese(as its compulsory in O & A levels) but had hard time making a K-map for 3 variables Boolean expression, which BTW is basics of Digital Electronics. And this holds true for all other sections & branches in my college. Whereas the same was a breeze for the students from other parts of the country(my class mainly had guys from Bihar, U.P) who couldn't even utter a single sentence in English properly.
Well my point being - ability to communicate in English is not directly proportional to your ability to learn and understand new things.

I agree somewhat, that is why I said "perceived". The main issue is that in engineering, you are expected to work along with....."less skilled people", and let's face it - MBAs with BA/BSc/Bcom degrees really cannot understand any technical language, and they are the ones running most important things in the company. What they do understand is the oxford and webster dictionaries and if the engineer is to work with them, they better toe the line.

The engineer is always "below" the MBA, not "above". This is why this problem exists!

ssb1551

Technomancer
Oops I had skipped "perceived". But yeah what you have mentioned is really sad. An engineer should not always be "below" MBA. I think performance should always be taken into consideration. If an engineer performs well then he should be taking orders from an MBA. But then most of the workers in these so-called "IT" companies aint that great programmers. At best most of 'em are average and below average. I get the point of these guys taking orders from an MBA. But good coders shouldn't take orders from any MBA guy unless the guy has MBA from Harvard/Oxford/Cornell or place similar to that:lol:.

There are plenty of jobs for skilled electrical and electronics technicians with postsecondary qualifications. But the job is becoming more competitive and there are not so many jobs for people with lesser skills. Technology is improving productivity for many of these jobs and thus holding down job growth.An electronics engineer can get a job in Central Government, State Governments and their sponsored corporations in public enterprises and the private organizations like All India Radio, Indian Telephone Industries, MTNL, National Physical Laboratories, AIR, Civil Aviation Department; Post and Telegraph Department; Co-ordination Department, National Physical Laboratory, Bharat Electronics Limited, Development Centers in various States etc. dealing in manufacture, sales and services of electronics consumer goods and appliances.Electronics engineers are also absorbed into the entertainment transmission industry, research establishments, and defense. They can also take up teaching and research in one of the many engineering colleges in India or abroad.

OP
S

sinalkar.sanjay

Always Ready To Learn
since you know java...u can become a java developer...if you hv plans of further studies then go for MS or MBA

Thanks abhidev sir

Originally according to Academic background We have covered Java,j2ee, and j2me also plus HTML ,css,java-script,xml,servlet :p and i attended most of the Companies (near about 13 open criteria having 400 students to attempt)!
Companies needed born Engineer who knows everything include technologies+politics+extra curricular Skills! Including that lot of filters they included :shock: !

I want to build career with IT only So MS and MBA may be not possible , but thank you for reply !

OP
S

sinalkar.sanjay

Always Ready To Learn
You have mentioned you are doing android project you can build career as android developer my suggestion is opt for a training institute that provide training in android and provide placement but do some research.

Thanks Minion Sir

Ya your suggestion is good i also planning to do it with Project , even project on Android we started studying and build myself! Digit FastTrack is useful for us!
Sir if you know Training+placement android institute then please give me Contact ,in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai

Thank you for reply.........

P

prepare4bank

hey you can opt your carrier as a android developer or java developer, both these fields are having unlimited scope to grow. keep on working on your spoken part, only concentrating on spoken skill is not a good idea, these are keep on grooming area with time and experience.
good luck.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Oops I had skipped "perceived". But yeah what you have mentioned is really sad. An engineer should not always be "below" MBA. I think performance should always be taken into consideration. If an engineer performs well then he should be taking orders from an MBA. But then most of the workers in these so-called "IT" companies aint that great programmers. At best most of 'em are average and below average. I get the point of these guys taking orders from an MBA. But good coders shouldn't take orders from any MBA guy unless the guy has MBA from Harvard/Oxford/Cornell or place similar to that:lol:.

The thing is that the manager is concerned about results - revenues, deadlines, project completion, time to market. Quality and reliability come in a distinct second to these fundamental considerations.

For an engineer, reliability comes first, followed by quality where it is possible. A team lead by an engineer will not yield quick results (again, perception) since the engineer is not expected to know about market dynamics (know that companies need to follow product release cycles - a missed cycle means a lot of sales lost!). For this reason it is always preferred to keep an MBA as the manager/leader (even better if the MBA has an engineering degree).

Now, in business there is also a need to communicate with the masses and the customers in the simplest possible language to avoid any potential issues and to create a good impression on the minds of the customer. What's a better way to do that than to speak in polished language? This is why people feel communication skills are important.

Top Bottom