Western Digital hard disk authenticity and Rugged case query

harshgupta16

Broken In
Yesterday, I bought a My Passport SE 1TB external hard disk from Nehru Place, New Delhi. On the details sticker on the box, it says that the product was imported from outside India by M/s. Global Infonet Distribution Pvt. Ltd. This means that the product is not manufactured in India. I just wanted to know whether WD company manufactures the said model in India or every such product is imported from outside. My cause of worry is that some sellers in the market told me that products imported have a different warranty clause to the ones manufactured in India, which to my knowledge is a 3 year warranty. The sellers have confused me big time, this might not be that big a issue, but the seed of doubt has been planted. Can anybody clear the air for me?

Also, I need a case for the 2.5" inch drive. I need a hard case which is shock-proof, impact-proof and protects the drive from dust and moisture. I saw the Rugged NOMAD case on WD's website, but I couldn't find it on any Indian website. Does anybody have an idea where can I buy a branded (WD, Case Logic, InSystem) case from a retail store in Delhi-NCR.

Last edited:

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
here is the WD hdd case
Western Digital WD Nomad Rugged Case | eBay

just check warranty of your HDD On WD site..
*westerndigital.secure.force.com/WarrantyCheck?lang=en

OP
H

harshgupta16

Broken In
The case is available at a retail price of 15 dollars in the US. eBay is shipping it from the US and selling it in India at an elevated price due to shipping costs and import duties. Is there any place where I can buy the case without the duties and additional costs? Otherwise, I'd have to ask someone to buy it from the US.

Also, what are the other good brands that make HDD cases and where can I buy them? I wan't to see the material and quality so I am not too inclined towards buying it online.

Top Bottom