Well, this one's peculiar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polter

Broken In
I'm using an LG 17" monitor. Evreytime I turned this monitor sideway to the left, the left screen became pink. I knew it had something to do with magnet, so I rearranged the spekears. Didn't solve the problem. Strange thing is when I put one speaker to the left side of the monitor (when it's turned left side, towards the wall), it turned pink. But when I turned it back to its original position, nothing happened (even when the speaker's very close). I now have a feeling the wall in my room contains magnet. Could this be true, guys? How do I solve this? Please note, the left side of my screen turns pink ONLY when it's turned towards the wall...that's the only instance.

OP
P

Polter

Broken In
By the way, it's not reflection. I rearranged my whole room, put the speakers outside, this and that........

Tech&ME

Banned
Polter said:
By the way, it's not reflection. I rearranged my whole room, put the speakers outside, this and that........

I would like you to first see your Speaker Manual and see if the speakers that you keep besides your monitor are magnetically shielded.

Most Good branded Speakers are magnetically shielded ones.

And if they are, you can rule out the possibility of any magnetic problem or Speakers problem.

Another point to note here would be to see if the casing of the speakers in question are not broken or see if they have ary cracks due to accidental fall of the same in the past which went unnoticed by you.

Next, once, you have ruled out the possibility of Speaker problem then you Monitor itself might be acting up check it with your service dealer.

d

Journeyman
yea most branded speakers are shielded...and some claim to be but actually aren't....if moving ur speaker away from the monitor doesnt help, i don't think the pink spot on ur monitor has anything to do with the speaker...try turning the monitor in different directions<sometimes it works, it did for me on a 10 yr old MAG monitor> and then try degaussing....many times....if it still doesnt work, take it down to the service centre....probably something wrong with the mask...

OP
P

Polter

Broken In
Thanks. yes, like I said, the problem is not with the speakers. I even ept it outside the room. Problem persists only when the left side of the monitor is turned towards the wall. Anyways, what is degaussing?

shariq_pj

Broken In
Degaussing is neutralising the magnetic field that builds up in the CRT during usage... The magnetic field that get build up whrn the monitor is functioning can cause the coloron too...

h_kunte

Journeyman
Hey I also have this same LG 17" monitor [700E]....

I had this peculiar problem that the monitor used to start giving a low continuous beeping sound after a few minutes of usage...The reason of which I had pinned down to the speaker set which I had kept right next to it.

The problem crops up pretty often now too, for which I had the monitor inspected by an engineer, & he found nothing wrong....

Now, whenever this problem occurs, I degauss the monitor & the problem ceases....Hope this solution helps you out Polter

OP
P

Polter

Broken In
h_kunte said:
Hey I also have this same LG 17" monitor [700E]....

I had this peculiar problem that the monitor used to start giving a low continuous beeping sound after a few minutes of usage...The reason of which I had pinned down to the speaker set which I had kept right next to it.

The problem crops up pretty often now too, for which I had the monitor inspected by an engineer, & he found nothing wrong....

Now, whenever this problem occurs, I degauss the monitor & the problem ceases....Hope this solution helps you out Polter

Thanks, the degaussing option in ON on my monitor. Just to make sure, I reset it and the screen shoo and flickered. Hope this will solve the problem..let's see

OP
P

Polter

Broken In
Hey it worked! but I have to do it evertime my monitor's turned sideways. But dat's okay as long a it fixes the prob...

mangemayur

Journeyman
this problem occures because when u change the position of yr monitor (u rotate it).. the direction of magnetic field changes..
when u start the yr monitor it degauses itself and set the magnetic field.. but when u rotate it .. now its changed.
there is a change in the magnetic field.
obviously u have something near to monitor which is generating a magnetic field which porbably we dont know yet.

too much of jargon.. but similiar answer was given by the samsung technician (i went to there service center for the same problem almost 4 yrs back) and i got this answer

shariq_pj

Broken In
I think it's due to the earth's magnetic field... Some monitors give a color patch if turned and the reason is usually the earths magnetic field... Tge monitor is normal i beleiv...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom