Welcome to "The Cyclone" [ 56k Warning !]

rahulkadukar

Broken In
Still your lappie is nothing in front of a i7 3770k.If you have super duper laptop then too you will suffer from the hurdles of Overheating and too remember nothing beats a desktop.

I never said anything about beating anyone. I just said it is as close as you can get to what he has. I am not that dumb or naive to know that nothing can beat a desktop. Some people need a portable laptop because we travel and travelling should not be a hindrance to gaming.

The only reason I asked him for his benches was because a 7970m is technically a 7870 and a i7-3920xm is the closest you can get to a i7-3770.

One more thing i7-3770k is pure overkill for gaming, a i5-2500k is more than enough (that being said I would also get a i7-3770k :p ) Remember that the gaming performance is not determined by the CPU but the GPU

Myth

Cyborg Agent
But still it is an awesome build, just curious how much are you hitting in 3DMark11 and Unigine ? I have a similar setup to yours (except that it is a laptop) and I am getting around 11k in 3DMark

He will be getting around P12750-P13000. Stock settings.
OCed, it can be around P14000.

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
I never said anything about beating anyone. I just said it is as close as you can get to what he has. I am not that dumb or naive to know that nothing can beat a desktop. Some people need a portable laptop because we travel and travelling should not be a hindrance to gaming.

The only reason I asked him for his benches was because a 7970m is technically a 7870 and a i7-3920xm is the closest you can get to a i7-3770.

One more thing i7-3770k is pure overkill for gaming, a i5-2500k is more than enough (that being said I would also get a i7-3770k :p ) Remember that the gaming performance is not determined by the CPU but the GPU

Ok thats fine :) your right an i5 is more than enough for gaming but nowadays games are more CPU taxing you know it Like gta 4,Cry3etc

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Re: Welcome to "The Cyclone" [ 56k Warning !]

I have given the benchmarks on the first page if you are interested. Do see them if you like. :)

This is an awesome build, just a few pointers

1. Never ever buy high end parts from India, this entire build could have been 40k cheaper if bought from the US
2. The motherboard is plain terrible for 20k. Anyone looking for an expensive motherboard please make sure that it has PEX 8747 chip for dual x16/x16 PCI 3.0 mode. A good example is the Gigabyte Sniper 3
3. Hard drive is too expensive
4. You paid too much for the cards.

But still it is an awesome build, just curious how much are you hitting in 3DMark11 and Unigine ? I have a similar setup to yours (except that it is a laptop) and I am getting around 11k in 3DMark

1. You expect me to go to US to buy these products. :confused:
2. Its the best at that price point, trust me I have done enough research before buying it. If you like see the Making of Cyclone Thread in my signature and you'll know.
3. I know performance and reliability comes at price. If you find it cheaper anywhere even after 6 months of purchase, do tell me. I have to buy one more. :)
4. My budget allowed it so I did.

And thanks. :)

rahulkadukar

Broken In

I have given the benchmarks on the first page if you are interested. Do see them if you like. :)

1. You expect me to go to US to buy these products. :confused:
2. Its the best at that price point, trust me I have done enough research before buying it. If you like see the Making of Cyclone Thread in my signature and you'll know.
3. I know performance and reliability comes at price. If you find it cheaper anywhere even after 6 months of purchase, do tell me. I have to buy one more. :)
4. My budget allowed it so I did.

And thanks. :)

1. Friends in the US or you may try ppobox
2. The board does not support true x16/x16 mode in Crossfire. Although x8/x8 is more than enough but if you are paying 20k then you should get the best of the best.
3. I saw a 3TB for around $114 a few days ago (no idea about the rates in India)
4. :)

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play

1. Friends in the US or you may try ppobox
2. The board does not support true x16/x16 mode in Crossfire. Although x8/x8 is more than enough but if you are paying 20k then you should get the best of the best.
3. I saw a 3TB for around $114 a few days ago (no idea about the rates in India)
4. :)

Well if I get products from US then warranty won't be there for me so I didn't do it.

vijju6091

Feeling Gravity
Anyway My Dream machine you built. Congrates a ton man. Happy gaming............
May Lord bless this cyclone

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Thanks guys. I am enjoying the Cyclone too much. Played and completed a lot of games on ot since the purchase.

Top Bottom