weird problem with my desktop.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
disabling page file may give more bsods but will indicate more it's a RAM issue. If you have huge amount of ram and don't play too old games then you may disable page file. Windows error reporting is useful but is not always needed as Hardware related issues can be diagnosed in many other ways.

For HDD scan it's better to use 3rd party tools like HDTune or even better HDD manufacturers diagnostic tool.

as [MENTION=105611]bssunilreddy[/MENTION] has already mentioned the mismatch of ram timings you better ditch the 2x 2GB ram modules for now and use the system with 2x 4gb you have. When you have time install rest of the ram modules and experiment with timing.

OP
digibrush

digibrush

digitalpainter
Why do you want to disable the page file in the 1st place? Don't do any changes to the Windows OS settings but run it as it is...
Your RAM timings mismatch and that is the reason for BSOD's in the 1st place. So rectify it and everything goes to normal...

Remove 2x2gb 1333...No BSOD on yesterday.

disabling page file may give more bsods but will indicate more it's a RAM issue. If you have huge amount of ram and don't play too old games then you may disable page file. Windows error reporting is useful but is not always needed as Hardware related issues can be diagnosed in many other ways.

For HDD scan it's better to use 3rd party tools like HDTune or even better HDD manufacturers diagnostic tool.

as [MENTION=105611]bssunilreddy[/MENTION] has already mentioned the mismatch of ram timings you better ditch the 2x 2GB ram modules for now and use the system with 2x 4gb you have. When you have time install rest of the ram modules and experiment with timing.

Disable page file. Remove Ram sticks, no BSOD since yesterday.

But one problem still I am facing, turn off my computer at night and turn on morning is no problem, but after shut down, immediate turn on is not possible. If I turn on, everything is running without post.

I have to wait minimum an hour, then its turn on normally.

OP
digibrush

digibrush

digitalpainter
I am facing this for 12/14days, yes before removing Ram.

*i.imgur.com/nXxH7g8.jpg

after running 3dmark.
*i.imgur.com/56s9jql.jpg

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
But one problem still I am facing, turn off my computer at night and turn on morning is no problem, but after shut down, immediate turn on is not possible. If I turn on, everything is running without post.

I have to wait minimum an hour, then its turn on normally.

Get the motherboard serviced. Show this issue to the service center guys. I suspect either the motherboad or PSU but if you can take the cpu, board and 1 ram module to the service center and tell them to test this trio in front of you.

NeedToKnow

Journeyman
ok .. i know this problem .. have been facing it for years ..... and i am sure the ram is the culprit .. btw are you using trascend rams ?

OP
digibrush

digibrush

digitalpainter
I tried to run in every possible ways except without CPU and with another PSU. As topgear says its either Mobo or PSU.

I have a spare psu with 4pin cpu power connector. motherboard has 8 pin. I don't know it will work or not.

NeedToKnow

Journeyman
I tried to run in every possible ways except without CPU and with another PSU. As topgear says its either Mobo or PSU.

I have a spare psu with 4pin cpu power connector. motherboard has 8 pin. I don't know it will work or not.

all i can do is share my exp. with u
my initial cofig.
i3 540
gigabyte h55m-s2
transcend 4 gb
segate 1 tb hdd
saphire hd5450 1tb
generic psu

problem same as yours

first mod.
changed psu to rm750 ..no improvement

2nd mod.
changed mb to e-spectrum h55 .. no improvement

3rd mod
changed gpu to gtx 960 .... its been 3 days .. problem has not arised.

ref.post. *www.digit.in/forum/hardware-q/186741-gpu-smps-ups-upgrade.html

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

It will work.

OP
digibrush

digibrush

digitalpainter
It will work.

True,

Today I tried with my unused FOXIN smps which has only four pin cpu power connector(MB has 8pin) and computer run quite normally with single beep and entered bios because of no boot device( I only powered cpu and MB).

So, culprit is my CX500 corsair PSU and it is one year old.

OP
digibrush

digibrush

digitalpainter
Change CX500 with newly purchased Seasonic 520(non-modular) and my more than a month long trouble is gone. :)

Thanks to everyone tried to help me specially Topgear, who first notify me problem is PSU related.

I have warranty for cx500, submit rma request after puja.

I have another query,

*i.imgur.com/ujX4tRW.jpg

Should I use this power cable wirh PSU? Its comes with seasonic 520 power supply.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Change CX500 with newly purchased Seasonic 520(non-modular) and my more than a month long trouble is gone. :)

Thanks to everyone tried to help me specially Topgear, who first notify me problem is PSU related.

I have warranty for cx500, submit rma request after puja.

I have another query,

*i.imgur.com/ujX4tRW.jpg

Should I use this power cable wirh PSU? Its comes with seasonic 520 power supply.

You should use 3 pin power cable like this compulsorily for earthing purpose otherwise it will short circuit :Aptron High Quality Power Cable For Desktop, Monitor & Printer - Buy Aptron High Quality Power Cable For Desktop, Monitor & Printer Online at Low Price in India - Snapdeal

OP
digibrush

digibrush

digitalpainter
You should use 3 pin power cable like this compulsorily for earthing purpose otherwise it will short circuit :Aptron High Quality Power Cable For Desktop, Monitor & Printer - Buy Aptron High Quality Power Cable For Desktop, Monitor & Printer Online at Low Price in India - Snapdeal

I am using my previous 3pin power cable as you describe. Thanks.

Top Bottom