Weird problem with IDM

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
That still does not explain why 1080p IDM downloaded videos have no Audio when played thru TV

read it some where.
YouTube moved to a new player that uses separate files for the video part and the audio part. The standalone videos are only used in the HTML5 player in other browsers than Chrome. The script could easily download the separate video and audio files, but you'd have to merge them using software like ffmpeg. The 1080p file you get in IDM is the video-only (no-audio) stream.

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
Are other 1080p videos playing fine on your system ? Try using the tools I mentioned

TBH, I never updated IDM since Day 1, so can't comment on that. That said, I use a FVD + IDM combo. First, get the link from FVD. Next, download using IDM. I did that because, at times, IDM would go nuts

FVD works all the time. Except YouTube :duh2:

So, I started using other alternatives and they seem to work. Earlier, I used to rely on Keepvid and it never failed me until recently, it couldn't get me 1080p links thanks to YouTube TOS shi.t :facepalm:

I have IDM Version 6.18 Build 9 ... n still its unable to d/l videos frm YT in 1080p HD ..
i hav been facing dis prob from last 2 months ....no soln yet ...(all the updates wer waste ..:( )

Top Bottom