Weird problem with IDM

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Any 1080p video downloaded from youtube through IDM is very laggy on PC(I use XMBC to play the videos) and has no Audio when i play it on my 1080P TV
720p videos work fine though

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
That's because YouTube has done some mischief. Already Google is pushing its products into your face. Latest being, owning an account to comment on YT. I mean, WTF ?

So, here is the post describing the situation and an irritating discussion follows here in this google group but a good source for getting some help regarding downloading full 1080p videos can be found here

I know this is no permanent solution but I did a little bit digging and found out that 4kvideodownloader and youtubedownloaderhd seem to be working as of now(I personally confirmed it 2 days ago). However, it wouldn't be long before YT finds this out.

Last edited:

snap

Lurker
^^
and i read that google is going to disable sideloading of extensions in chrome i.e you can only install extensions from their store :-x

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^^
and i read that google is going to disable sideloading of extensions in chrome i.e you can only install extensions from their store :-x
Extensions can be sideloaded when you are not connected to the internet. Just drag and drop the .crx file in chrome://extensions/ window.

abhidev

Human Spambot
i facing a weird problem in IDM too...whenever I play a video on youtube or any videos sites it starts capturing all sort of media file links automatically and pops up all the time. Is there any way to handle this as its really irritating to have things pop up while watching a video :-x

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i facing a weird problem in IDM too...whenever I play a video on youtube or any videos sites it starts capturing all sort of media file links automatically and pops up all the time. Is there any way to handle this as its really irritating to have things pop up while watching a video :-x

in options delete the file type you dont want. or disable idm for the browser you are using when you dont want to show popup.

ASHISH65

Technomancer

Check the file types - remove the flv

or set like this :

3GP 7Z AAC ACE AIF ARJ ASF AVI BIN BZ2 EXE GZ GZIP IMG ISO LZH M4A M4V MKV MOV MP3 MP4 MPA MPE MPEG MPG MSI MSU OGG OGV PDF PLJ PPS PPT QT R0* R1* RA RAR RM RMVB SEA SIT SITX TAR TIF TIFF WAV WMA WMV ZIP

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Guys i am currently downloading 1080p videos from youtube perfectly.

Don't know why you all are facing problems

It is IDM 6.18 build 5

ASHISH65

Technomancer
yes without any lag :wink:

Lcd/led Tv nahi he bhai .Still have old Crt colour tv :razz:

Tried another 2 1080p videos and working fully fine

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Without lag?
Try running on you TV

the problem is not with the video you are tring to play. it may be with VLC or some other program eating the RAM and hence lag in playing the video. happened with me thrice when i was playing 1080p movies in old laptop, though the movies worked fine in newer laptops.

OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
the problem is not with the video you are tring to play. it may be with VLC or some other program eating the RAM and hence lag in playing the video. happened with me thrice when i was playing 1080p movies in old laptop, though the movies worked fine in newer laptops.

That still does not explain why 1080p IDM downloaded videos have no Audio when played thru TV

Top Bottom