Weird pc problem

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
Hello Digitians!
I am facing a weird problem with my pc. My pc was working fine. But yesterday when i turned on my pc, it restarted at the logon screen. I tried again, this time it asked me for startup repair. During the repair, it crashed again and showed a BSOD.
Now the problem is it doesn't even boot up. Monitor shows 'no signal' and there are no beeps. There is no dvd drive and hdd activity. Just psu and cpu fan spinning.
I tried resetting BIOS/CMOS. But it didn't help. I tried changing RAM and psu but nothing changed.
So now what the hell is going on with the pc? Please help guys!
Specs are-
pentium dual core e2180
ecs 965 gct-m
evm 1gb ram
delta 270w psu
320gb caviar black.

Ps. I didn't installed any new hardware.

Inceptionist

Journeyman
Can you check the CPU temp? It might me overheating. I faced same problem with my old PC (Intel C2D CPU & DG33FB MoBo) and it worked fine after applying thermal paste.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I think the problem is related to the motherboard n probably the Southbridge got busted this time. Check if the PC is working with another motherboard.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
I think the problem is related to the motherboard n probably the Southbridge got busted this time. Check if the PC is working with another motherboard.

+1, this is most probably the case. No indication from motherboard would most probably mean a dead motherboard....

amjath

Human Spambot

My friends PC having similar issue, and the reason was burnt capacitor on the motherboard. It happened to him because of voltage fluctuation

OP
saikiasunny

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
Thank you all for your replies.
Hmm, burst capacitor might be a problem. There were some voltage fluctuations out here.
I don't have any spare mobo to test. So will have to take it to a shop :-/

amjath

Human Spambot
Thank you all for your replies.
Hmm, burst capacitor might be a problem. There were some voltage fluctuations out here.
I don't have any spare mobo to test. So will have to take it to a shop :-/

My friend did not had UPS to save his PC. Later he bought one after that his mobo went kaput.

Top Bottom