Weird Networking issues

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
i am a tikona broadband user. i have a wired ethernet cable attached to the back of my laptop. i have to login to tikona's website everytime i log on to my laptop after a while. i use dual boot , windows vista home basic 32-bit & ubuntu 12.04 LTS.
In Windows Vista, when i plug in the RJ-45 then the OS connects to tikona's network successfully but doesn't get internet connection. it shows a red cross between between "Unidentified Network" and "Internet" & a green tick between "MyComputer" and "Unidentified Network". The login page , which is 1.254.254.254 doesn't open. Chrome says "Address unreachable" & IE "address not valid".

In Ubuntu 12.04 , it connects in particular situations. When I first boot vista & restart & then boot ubuntu then it successfully connects but when I boot ubuntu first then it does not. Keeps trying to connect to the wired network and fails.

The fact that ubuntu connects in a particular situation suggests me that this is not an issue from ISP's end but correct me if im wrong.

chrome.jpg
cmd.jpg
network.jpg

Last edited:

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
What is your question?

Whenever you login for the first time, your pc's mac address is registered, and you grant access for internet. After that even if you restart 100 times, you dont need to login again. After a certain time of inactivity, it automatically logged out. Windows Vista/Ubuntu/Win7 is not a matter.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
My problem is I can't have Internet access on Vista. I used to have it. But don't know what happened, the OS doesn't have internet access anymore.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
this does not help.when asking questions about network connectivity issues first thing to do is post the results of running ipconfig /all in command prompt window.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i don't know about tikona login system but you mentioned that login page is 1.254.254.254 & your pc ip address is 192.168.0.1 with no/blank gateway which in my opinion is definitely wrong.see this:
Is there IP configuration for Tikona based LAN? | Grievances |Tikona Broadband Forum
You have to keep your IP settings as,

Obtain an IP Address Automatically for IPv4
& remove check mark from IPv6

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
i don't know about tikona login system but you mentioned that login page is 1.254.254.254 & your pc ip address is 192.168.0.1 with no/blank gateway which in my opinion is definitely wrong.see this:
Is there IP configuration for Tikona based LAN? | Grievances |Tikona Broadband Forum

that worked! many thanks to you man...

Top Bottom