Weird laptop problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

alekh_khanna

Broken In
hi,
Dunno where to post it.. whether HW or SW.. so posting iton both the forums..
plz delete it on the wrong one..
i just purchased HP dv9704tx notebook.. cme bubdled with win vista home premium but i wanted to install xp on it.. so i tried bit with the xp cd & booting on the system.. everthing went fine until after copying all the drivers, setup showed an error that " No Hard Drive Found "... i tried again but the same error persists...
tried deleting the windows partition with acronis boot cd but it also showed no hard disk found..
My pc is up & running vista hp ( 240 gb HDD -- Hitachi )...
What should i do..
plz help..

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
You need SCSI Drivers for ur system.... u have to slipstream the drivers into the windows xp cd using Nlite
I will post the link for drivers ...in next post

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
I cant find links.....
what u can do:
search for drivers for ur laptop and integrate them using nlite

Double post I guess *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78094
He is confused where to post and he has given the reason

Last edited:

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Hey man jus go to Hp website n locate the drivers for ur laptop version.
Download those files n slipstream those files into ur win xp cd using nlite....
Had the same problem on my friend's pc..... solved it using this method.....

Kniwor

Learner
This one belongs to the software section.

BTW, next time u are confused on where to make a thread, do NOT make multiple threads, just choose the section you think is most appropriate, and make a thread there, then report the thread and request the mods to move it in the right section. It will be done.

to me it seems ur windows CD does not contain proper drives for the SATA controller on your laptop, a common problem in the earlier days of SATA introduction, so u might as well try inserting the drivers while installation using F2 or F6 whichever it is I don't remember, u will need a floppy for this, but ur laptop might not have a floppy drive, so u can integrate the drivers using nlite to avoid the need. or i would suggest u first go through what others have suggested as this could be a little tiresome...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom