Website + ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams

Gracias Senor
already posted this thread in programming..no one bothered to even view it..so starting it here..

hi, i am in the process of updating my companies website..all the pages in my website are having a extension .asp...for some reason my website works perfectly in IE..but if i open my website in opera/chrome/FF, the asp pages shows the source code rather than displaying the pages!!! any clue whats wrong????

pls help me out...

T i A

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
the website was not created by me..it was done by someone els..we hv a firm thru which we have our domain and domain space registered.
my job is to update my website in terms of contents and new pages..i got cpanel access from our firm and started updating the contents and its now done..but when the same webiste is accessed thru chrome, ff, opera..the asp pages shows only the code.
FYI, other than the index page, all the other pages are with a extension .asp.
FYI, my firm has the webserver running in LINUX.

need some more details??? wil giv on request.

Pratul_09

Journeyman
ASP Pages will not run in Linux Server. To run asp in Linux you will need Chilly ASP or other third party solutions. Try to run ASP pages on windows server with IIS installed

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Man, the Linux OS runs in Web Server. How does that affects the site?
Moreover he can able to run it with IE. So the problem is not with the Web Server OS.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
the website was not created by me..it was done by someone els..we hv a firm thru which we have our domain and domain space registered.
my job is to update my website in terms of contents and new pages..i got cpanel access from our firm and started updating the contents and its now done..but when the same webiste is accessed thru chrome, ff, opera..the asp pages shows only the code.
FYI, other than the index page, all the other pages are with a extension .asp.
FYI, my firm has the webserver running in LINUX.

need some more details??? wil giv on request.
yes, you need a asp supported server to host .asp files. Buy a windows hosting, and transfer all files and database (if there is any)..... update nameserver address of domain name.

Pratul_09

Journeyman
cpanel is not available in windows server. Linux server mostly have PHP support and cpanel. Check that server has ASP support by running the file *02a6ccb.netsolhost.com/ASPServerTest.rar and check the different available objects on the server.

choudang

Padawan
cpanel is not available in windows server. Linux server mostly have PHP support and cpanel.
i have some doubt tho i am not an expert. i have hosted my site with windows hosting and i am able to access cpanel. secondly, we do have our internal webpages i.e. infotouch, and all pages in ASP. morever, we can access the pages thru opera and chrome and server is based on linux.

pl check the internal settings.

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
I do not think i can ask for a windows based webserver..wat internal settin shuld i check..if the server is the issue??? hw come in IE it works???

confusin n clueless!!!

clear me out..

Pratul_09

Journeyman
In linux asp will work but will require third party soultions like chilly ASP, which are costlier and not easier to implement. The best solution is to port ur website to PHP if you can't change the server. In this case you have to redevelop all the pages.

Easier solution is to change the server to windows based and change the settings in the domain control panel.

cpanel may be available in windows but in a different name. Every domain has a control panel if sold individually and cpanel is a form of domain control panel.

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
^^rather than asking for a windows based server, can I change the asp pages to html??? I am a noob in PHP!!!

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
^^I use dreamweaver for editing..cant i not open a ASP page and save it as HTML?????

I have tried this and worked!!!!

Pratul_09

Journeyman
What if this involves database support, HTML does not support server-side interaction in the actual. This is good as plain one way information.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
^^I use dreamweaver for editing..cant i not open a ASP page and save it as HTML?????

I have tried this and worked!!!!
I am scare, that will not help you. It depend on type of coding. Just saving as html file will not change asp codes into html codes.

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
the website has database support previously..but as of now we have removed all those features..so now our website is purely text based.

k..wil ask my firm if they can prov us a windows based server..

hw diff is converting my website to PHP based???

Pratul_09

Journeyman
Still for converting all pages to html you will have to download the site using FTP and then install database(SQL, MySQL, Access) and make the connection in the connection file then use Internet Information System(IIS in XP or Vista) to run the asp pages and then save each page as HTML from the browser save as, so that they are saved as HTML pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom