Web-Hosting-500MB @ Rs.500 per Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquarian

Broken In
ahref said:
Every person in this forum are at different level. Some are running successful venture and generating good income and some are beginners and trying to establish them. We can not expect that everyone know every terminology of a particular industry. Neither we should think that if a person do not provide all info or do not know all info, then he is running a fly by night company.

Right! But when you are starting a business and you expect customers to come to you, you should be ready to answer all their queries. You cant just say that you are new to the business and a beginner or what else! You are not going to get customers (that too who pay you for services rendered!) if you are going to get upset about questions. We have clients who ask us even unrelevent questions and we try to answer them atleast by getting the info from somewhere else!

I'd say TuxFan is right! He has the right to ask and sellers need to answer questions! And as it is said "Ignorance isnt an excuse!" If you try to excuse yourself by being ignorant, you are not going to get much business that way!

ahref

In the zone
Dear Aquarian, many of the posts (including mine) of this thread has been deleted. I don't know whether you have read those post or not. The questions and comments which was posted here was not pre sell questions but leg pulling. I developed my first website in 2000, and today I run many websites. I do not sell web space but I have experience in purchasing and choosing good webhost. I am frequent visitor of WHT forum and when I have to buy or change hosting service I visit that forum. Above mentioned questions are not out of place, but I suppose 90% customer don't care of these questions (Atleast of this forum, many people are choosing their first webhost). Some geeky may want to know which linux distro the server is using. But I still do not know which distro is good for server.

Aquarian

Broken In
Well ahref! It seems you haven't understood me completely! I havent been saying that its not proper to ask questions! If you read carefully, my post, on the contrary, clearly says that every web host has to answer everybody's questions! I havent written it on behalf of a web host (as you seem to imply) but on behalf of the client or purchaser or end user, whatever! So, I hope that you would kindly read my post once again! Thank You!

tuxfan

Technomancer
ahref said:
Above mentioned questions are not out of place, but I suppose 90% customer don't care of these questions (Atleast of this forum, many people are choosing their first webhost). Some geeky may want to know which linux distro the server is using. But I still do not know which distro is good for server.

People may not care for these things because they do not know about these things! Its their ignorance if they consider these things un-important. But there are some people here who have some more knowledge of the field. They should take the lead in getting all the information and ensure that no one is taken by surprise at a later stage.

Most of the hosting sites have the Knowledge Base (KB) or FAQ. They answer most of these questions and still there are sales people willing to answer more. Here this fella has not shown his site, FAQ/KB, etc. Thats ok, but then he should at least answer the questions rasied! And I am glad he is willing to answer! So lets stop this discussion right here or I will once again have to delete some posts ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom