We Want Fedora Core 3 UPDATES!!!

Do you want FC3 updates in Feb. / March ?

• Yes, but we want a distro too...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Fedora Core 3 Updates are not required...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rohandhruva

Hey,

After digit gave Fc3, its their duty to have us update it too.. ;)

So, the updates will be around 700 - 800 MB, and no one, even with broadband connect, can possibly do it.. So, how about providing them on the DVD ? Or providing an extra FC3 pdates CD ?? Actually, please make sure that there are no dependency errors. They are a real PIA. To ensure that, do this :

1) On a FRESHLY installed system - do "yum update"
2) Then goto "/var/cache/yum/updates-released/packges" and put them all in a directory on the DVD.
3) We can then goto the directory and do "rpm -Fvh *". but, please, provide the kernel in a separate directory, as it needs to be installed separately...

How is this? Please vote...

Rohan

busyanuj

In the zone
di9it has given many linux distros in its dvd from time to time.
I don't think they can possibly start giving updates for all those distros.
You ask for FC3 updates, some one else will ask for Debian updates, someone else may ask for Suse updates etc.

Honestly, I don't think it'll be viable.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Come on guys I too am a FC3 user who has an upto date system using a dialup connection. How ? See BSNL has free net from 2300 to 0800 daily ok the avg download speed is 4.8 - 5 K so one night i get about 180 to 190 M of download and using YUM my system is uptodate (took two -three days initialy). Once the system is upto date use yum daily and the number of updates are one or two only and the system updates within the hour So i feel there is no point in asking updates. Ask for bigger things that we cannot get ourself.

OP
R

rohandhruva

Ok.

Hi,

As most people dont want updates, can anyone please send me the updates cd, all dependencies resolved, and at what price ?

Please make sure its reasonable coz i am a 16 yr old running low on pocket money.. :D ;)

Rohan.

pradeep_chauhan: You? please write your all files from "/var/cache..." see up.. to a CD and send it ? Please PM or email me at rohandhruva@gmail.com

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
If you are in bangalore i can get the stuff to your place also, no problems, but outside bangalore ...er i am a lazy man ...........

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmm... Havent got Digit as yet .. So cant tell if FC3 works cool or not .. Btw .. I will appreciate Suse 9.1 Pro updates :p .. As for FC3 ..It would be welcome too...

OP
R

rohandhruva

pradeep_chauhan: ok. no problem. thnak u anyways.

rohan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom