WD Passport went kaput suddenly, need to recover data urgent help :(

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
My Wd passport 320GB went kaput suddenly a while back. All I get is "X:\ is not accessible, The file or Directory is corrupted or Unreadable"

The problem is I filled it to the brim, since I was moving some important data. While copying I noticed the transfer rates have slowed down considerably, So I used Diskeeper to defragment it manually.

I've started the defragmentation process and went away, When I returned my Pc was in sleep mode, So I resumed it and saw defragmentation process staring again, so I stopped it in Diskeeper and tried to access my HDD and now came the bad news, HDD IS NOT ACCESSIBLE

God I had some important work and it went kaput with all the data in it.
Haven't tried any recovery process yet. Didn't want to risk data being overwritten.

Any solutions??? :oops:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
How is data/usb cable?
Have you tried connecting it to any other pc?
See If you can download wd diagnostic tools and test.

sujoyp

Grand Master
If u have no way left ...install R-studio data recovery software and try...it recovered 80gb of my friends data after crash:oops:

OP
sriharsha_madineni

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
How is data/usb cable?
Have you tried connecting it to any other pc?
See If you can download wd diagnostic tools and test.
Cable is fine anna,

Shows the partition, but not able to access it, Wd diagnostics are built in the HDD casing ROM but it shows no disk to diagnose.

Can't try it in another pc till tomorrow.

Tried to recover data with EASUS data recovery, it shows all my files though it takes ages to scan fully.

So I feel somehow my MFT or partition table is corrupted and all my files are intact.

Is there any way to repair MFT anna??

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

If u have no way left ...install R-studio data recovery software and try...it recovered 80gb of my friends data after crash:oops:
Easeus is showing my data, but right now I don't have 300GB free space to recover the data :oops:

And as I said above, I want to try and repair Master File table first before going through the long recovery process

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

tried test disk
but not able to figure out what to do with it

---------- Post added 29-05-2010 at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was 28-05-2010 at 11:41 PM ----------

Ok not able to fix MFT by any means :p

Atleast I'm relieved that my data is intact. Tested by recovering a few big files.
So I have to beg/borrow a 320GB hdd from friends to copy my data :p

Top Bottom