WD 2TB My Passport - USB 3.0 speed issue

pratik385

In the zone
Hello guys,
Bought this yesterday @ 8.7k from FlipKart
Very great and ultra portable :)

But one issue, its speed is pretty low, around 55-60mbps while using on USB3.0
Im little worred as theoretically its 5 Gb/s (USB 3.0) but thats only theoretical.
Many user said that they are getting 150mbps o_O
Let me know if there's any problem..

Also, I need a pouch for this!
any recommendations?

Thanks
pk

samudragupta

Youngling
the speed is decent... check the attached file for benchmark scores

Attachments

• copy_bench_img_read.png
    copy_bench_img_read.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 107

mitraark

Decrepit
I get 100-110 MB/s on my Buffalo 1TB. 55MB/s is too low. Is it the same across all machines? Try copying in another PC.

OP
pratik385

pratik385

In the zone
Looks like it was one off I was moving 500GB data at once thats why it was around 55-60mbps
When i copied around 50 - 100GB its giving solid 180-190 mbps :D

Any recommendation for Pouch?
I've 2 HDD and its really boring to put back in cover :(
How you guys manage?

samudragupta

Youngling
good to know the speeds.. i am planning to get a WD 2tb for myself... could you provide the link where you purchased it from... i have 2 hDD's as well and just let them be in the box they came in :) i wonder where will i stock the 3rd one...

OP
pratik385

pratik385

In the zone
@ samudragupta
I got this from Flipkart "Monday 10% discount" scheme

Also, if you want to buy, wait for this discount as price of WD My Passport 2TB is tumbling intra day :shocked:
Check snapdeal too, as when Flipkart applys 10% discount snapdeal offers same but on price 8.7K so final price is 8.2k.

Snapdeal updates it page late in afternoon so wait for it! I missed it as i ordered around 12PM...I got to know this in eve that snapdeal had a better deal :(

samudragupta

Youngling
@ samudragupta
I got this from Flipkart "Monday 10% discount" scheme

Also, if you want to buy, wait for this discount as price of WD My Passport 2TB is tumbling intra day :shocked:
Check snapdeal too, as when Flipkart applys 10% discount snapdeal offers same but on price 8.7K so final price is 8.2k.

Snapdeal updates it page late in afternoon so wait for it! I missed it as i ordered around 12PM...I got to know this in eve that snapdeal had a better deal :(

thanks alot... im confused should i get the 2.5 or 3.5 HDD

OP
pratik385

pratik385

In the zone
If you've budget then go for it man, its really light weight, fast and ultra portable..
I also got confused when i was ordering as difference between 2.5 and 3.5 was around 2k but then i thought about portablity and the life few years down, the thought of using power adapter everytime i want to use HDD. 2K is not that much if you think of future

Its your decision to make :)

samudragupta

Youngling
If you've budget then go for it man, its really light weight, fast and ultra portable..
I also got confused when i was ordering as difference between 2.5 and 3.5 was around 2k but then i thought about portablity and the life few years down, the thought of using power adapter everytime i want to use HDD. 2K is not that much if you think of future

Its your decision to make :)
thanks for the tip :) yes you're right the 3.5 hdd looks very bulky and ugly as well...

mitraark

Decrepit
180-190 MB/s ....!!!!!

The bigger ones are a strict no no from me. It's not the bulky size that's a problem, it's the adapter that render's its protability useless.

Go for the 2.5", always.

mitraark

Decrepit
Theoretically the 3.5" is supposed to be more robust and should provide a bit extra speed, but there's hardly any difference for practical purposes.

mitraark

Decrepit
When i copied around 50 - 100GB its giving solid 180-190 mbps :D

Hey are you certain about getting those speeds/? I told one of my friends that you get such speed in a 2TB HDD, probably because of denser platters, but i really don't know for sure.

Top Bottom