Wat is the difference ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nipun_the_gr8

Plz tell me that wat is the difference between "Hibernate" & "Stand By".

I've also heard of a program called "Bootvis" which has been designed by microsoft to make Windows XP boot faster.Plz tell me dat shud i download & use dat or not........

Thankx in advance........

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
nipun_the_gr8 said:
Hibernate means u are saving the current setting to the hard disk, which after a "time period", after when you again on the comp, the settings are loaded from the HDD. Here u will be logged on, itself when u again come back.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
nipun_the_gr8 said:

I've also heard of a program called "Bootvis" which has been designed by microsoft to make Windows XP boot faster.Plz tell me dat shud i download & use dat or not........

Thankx in advance........

bootvis....damn nice software man...reduced my bootup time from 24secs to 15/16secs flat!!!!!

well hibernate nd standby r very much different!!
in hibernate...

the current state of the computer((contents of RAM)) is saved to disk, and the power to the computer is turned off. When u switch on the pc frm hibernation, it reads the data from the disk and restores the system to the state that it was in before it entered hibernation. All programs that were running are restarted((which were running at the time of entering hibernation))
**u need to have ample free space on primary boot partition(c:) where RAM image can be created!

in standby
pc's state is saved to memory and most circuitry and devices are turned off. When resuming frm standby, the state is restored from memory and power is restored to all devices. If power fails during standby ur info is LOST!!..

its like taking a small nap while travelling in bus((standby))....nd taking a nap at our office((hibernate))...hehe...will start work as soon as boss spots us!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom