Wat Happened ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nipun_the_gr8

I recently changed my comp. name & workgroup in the properties of my computer.To my surprise, the next time i started my pc runnin' windows xp pro, all the settings were in default mode and the changes i made were gone.Also i see a new user folder in 'Documents & Settings' folder in c: named IBM (this is the name which i changed in the properties & i am also runnin' this company's pc) bt when i try to delete it, it says that "It is a Windows system folder & Windows requires it to work properly.This folder cannot be deleted." :cry: :cry: Wat shud i do ??? I want to delete this folder............ Plz hlp !!

rajeshjsl

AskRajesh
hmm

create a new account and send your old account files from your documents and settings directory. now log on using this account.

hope..the problem would be solved

OP
N

nipun_the_gr8

But i want to delete this folder.Will i be able to delete this folder while logged into another user?

Deep

Version 2.0
nipun_the_gr8 said:
I recently changed my comp. name & workgroup in the properties of my computer.To my surprise, the next time i started my pc runnin' windows xp pro, all the settings were in default mode and the changes i made were gone.Also i see a new user folder in 'Documents & Settings' folder in c: named IBM (this is the name which i changed in the properties & i am also runnin' this company's pc) bt when i try to delete it, it says that "It is a Windows system folder & Windows requires it to work properly.This folder cannot be deleted." :cry: :cry: Wat shud i do ??? I want to delete this folder............ Plz hlp !!

login using administrator..

type start menu - run - write control userpasswords2
select advanced tab
click on advanced button
delete that user from user list..

and then delete that folder..
it shall work i suppose..

Deep

OP
N

nipun_the_gr8

Bt Deep i cant see the user in there also.Wat shud i do ????

Deep

Version 2.0
nipun_the_gr8 said:
Bt Deep i cant see the user in there also.Wat shud i do ????

ok then but r u sure u logged in using administrator

default password is blank

try it out..
Deep

OP
N

nipun_the_gr8

Deep, my account type is ADMINISTRATOR and i have tried it, its not workin'.Well shud i try usin' the inbuilt Administrator account?

Deep

Version 2.0
nipun_the_gr8 said:
Deep, my account type is ADMINISTRATOR and i have tried it, its not workin'.Well shud i try usin' the inbuilt Administrator account?

yes sir :)
login using username administrator :)

Deep

OP
N

nipun_the_gr8

But i cant stll see that user.Plz Helpppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!1

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
OK ..
Easy way ..
Right Click on My Computer,
Select Properties ..
Click on Advanced Tab
IN the User Profiles section, Click on Settings
Select the profile you wanna delete ..
Click on Delete ...

Thats it ..

OP
N

nipun_the_gr8

But i still cannot see the user.Plz wait........
I'll tell u clearly wat happened.......
Once i opened the properties of th pc and the name field was blank.So i changed it.Now when i logged in, all the settings were default and i was logged in as Nipun.IBM and earlier i used to log in as Nipun when the name field was blank.Now i (by any means) log in as Nipun & i am forced to log in as Nipun.IBM.Now PLZ HLP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deep

Version 2.0
hmm last possiblity..
by any change have you added ur computer under any domain named IBM ?

check it by my comp - prop - computer name tab - click on change button

see if you have selected radio button Domain and added IBM there ?

make it workgroup...

Deep

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
I always had problems with username stuff. So I never make any users. I just login and use admnistator only.This is applicable to only those who don't their computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom