Wanted to check something out

Status
Not open for further replies.

karmanya

Journeyman
Im running a p4(3 ghz) with 512 ram and a 7600 GS, is there any remote chance that i'll be able to run assasin's creed, even at the lowest possible graphics settings?
I know its pretty doubtful, but i was playing it at a friends house and now im hooked.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Atleast you have a graphic card & that too a decent one so yes it will run at the lower possible settings.Load times would be a pain due to you 512MB RAM & expect lags on heavy pedestrian concentrated areas.Keep rest of the eye candy to low & try to push the resolution to 800x600.It might just pull it off.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Don't bother overclocking anything.See if you can arrange for the RAM from somewhere.A new one would prove a very hefty buy for DDR I for now.Try the game out should work easily.It didn't turn out to be as heavy as it was portrayed.It's mainly the outdoor areas where you will have a lot of issues.And most of the game is in outdoor environment so yea don't expect it to be super smooth.;)

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Dude I have a 7300GT and I can play it at 1024x768 at max settings. I have to reduce shadow in the outdoors, but it looks good and plays smooth :)

OP
K

karmanya

Journeyman
I've been playing a while now, scaled everything down to the bare minimum to save on ram. The game still gets a little laggy(and the loading times are awful), though its so freaking fun it doesn't matter.
Already assasinated tamir, but spent 30 mins looking for jerusalem and killed every bloody soldier en-route.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
My game is faster since I'm on a C2D and 1G ram. You have a better graphics card though. Strip off the shadows.. they take quite lot to render...

OP
K

karmanya

Journeyman
how do i do that.. I usually go to options>graphics options. put everything low, crowd density low and resolution 800 X 640 at 60 hertz

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
That's just about it.If you have turned everything low within the graphic settings then that is all you can do.The lag is inevitable.Be happy with what you get.If you had an extra 512MB added it would have helped a bit.

Tiger

Bot
yea get a 512 ram or 1gb i have 512 DDR RAM sitting in my shelf and collecting dust incase you want it ?

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
yep, thats all. There is one setting called shadows, thats what i was talking about, and setting it to 5 is big lag, and 3 works very well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom