Wanted Suggestions for 70k lappy

pratik385

In the zone
laptops are not for gaming mate, if you do gaming on it, will heat up, wont get much fps, card not supporting high end games, I say fck it man. Desktop rocks
for portability > Laptop :)

I royally miss my desktop :(

randomuser111

Technomancer
Buddy Ken, its simple yet complicated deciding between the two -

Simply put the Dell will give you a better gaming experience and 3D gaming will be more enjoyable but still not upto the mark ( you need at least GTX 560M and up for smooth 3D gaming)

But if it is entertainment you are after then nothing beats F217HG. It has the best laptop screen money can buy (anywhere in the world, not just India) the best 3D experience outside of an IMAX 3D theater, (no 3D laptop/desktop monitor/3D HDTV can beat its 3D performance)
The screen in 2D easily rivals many decent LCD/Plasma HDTVs (Plasmas also as it has an OCB LCD so viewing angles are perfect. No matter which angle you look there is no image degradation.)

Read these reviews

Review

Review 2

So if only entertainment and light gaming is what you need then get the Vaio, if you want better gaming pedigree then get XPS 17. If you want smooth 3D gaming then go for Asus G74SX 3D. Its priced around 1.15 lacs. (Officially sold in India, no need to import or anything)

Otherwise as Pratik mentioned build a 3D gaming desktop.

OP
C

Cool PC Guy Ken

Extreme Poster
Thanx randomuser111, you have really provided a great piece of info and im clearly impressed by the vaio. Does someone know any high class showroom in delhi where i can be sure to get them ?

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Your welcome buddy, though I must tell you that VPCF217HG will soon be discontinued and replaced with VPCF237HG
Which has

1) i7 2860QM CPU which is even more powerful than i7 2920 Xtreme Edition CPU
2) Comes with new 2011 USB rechargeable 3D glasses
3) Updated software

It should be here within this month. But most likely it will priced higher maybe around 1,29,900.(The F217 was initially priced at 1,54,900 prices were dropped only last month) So I would say go for the 217 itself but as far as I know there are few units left. So you will have to search for a dealer that has stock remaining and also do it as soon as you can. And if buy from a non Sony exclusive store you can get upto 6% off on MRP.

Last edited:
OP
C

Cool PC Guy Ken

Extreme Poster
Thanx all for helping me out, specially randomuser111. I have decided to buy vaio f217 and have talked to a sony dealer in nehru place who has it ready for sale. will get it by monday or tuesday. Thanx