Wanted Suggestions for 70k lappy

Cool PC Guy Ken

Extreme Poster
Hey Guys !!! i have to get a lappy within today evening or by tomorrow morning. Budget is 70k and it is flexible. Requirements are gaming and entertainment. suggestions invited for both travelling and non travelling genres. is there any problem in dell lappy, like frequent breakdown sort of.
Im thinking about going for XPS 17.I would prefer a 3D config.
Plz comment and suggest a good shop in Delhi.
Thanks

aniket.cain

Padawan
XPS 17 is a bit out of your budget. You can configure the XPS 15 though. Be sure to get the FHD screen. There are not many 3D options in this price range in India. There is one 3D laptop from LG priced at 60k.

aniket.cain

Padawan
What do you mean by no-trouble and smooth working? If you are asking about breakdowns, it cannot be guaranteed. No matter which company you choose, there is always a chance that a laptop will fail. However, if you are asking about the performance, the configuration is pretty good and it will work fine for all types of applications. Though I might add, don't expect to be able to play all the games at highest settings on a 3D FHD screen with Nvidia GT555M.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Seeing your budget you should go with those new laptops from Asus or MSI with GTX series cards and 3D/FHD support. Much better than dell

samudragupta

Youngling
if service is an issue i would prefer dell over any other company, especially if you get the xps you get premium after sales services....

smartyrohan12

tech savy.. :D
thats quick u should have told us a little earlier...
..at that point u can get a power packed gaming rig , and yes dell is very much reliable laptop and u will get good after sales service...
...but the 555m isnt that powerful considering ur budget, check out something from asus or msi , great build quality n service, powerfull laptops have lesser battery life and heats up quickly, but thats fine with the performance u get...
..its nyc u want a 3d laptop but i guess it isnt a great feature, but its ur choice ultimately..

Check out the asus g74sx, i dont know its pricing so please contact them and enquire about it..

sarthak

In the zone
According to MSI website they have service centers only in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata.........so unless you are in one of those cities or near one, you shouldn't go for it.

MSI India Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more

Tarun

In the zone
go for alienware Mx11 the only problem u will face is it has a smaller screen compared to the others

smartyrohan12

tech savy.. :D
i think they overcharge for the features they provide...dont go for the alienware , untill u want to... did u look on the asus model ??

kaz

right here
my budget is 60-63k

will buy laptop the next sunday..

i just need it for gaming (cs, cod, crysis, shift2, dirt3, fifa) n programming as m a btech student..

m just wondering since yesterday y hp has removed all dv-series laptops from their website?
can i expect something better from hp than the dv6-6121tx?

what about the xps15?

n i don't like MSI..

OP
C

Cool PC Guy Ken

Extreme Poster
i have seen the asus model...its very good. where can i get it in delhi ? also, tell me good shop in delhi where i can get the xps 17(dont say searchin nehru place,ive already searched but cant cover all shops so tell the name of a particular shop).
reply fast

OP
C

Cool PC Guy Ken

Extreme Poster
Hi Guys, thanks for all the inputs :)
I have finally narrowed in on two models : Dell XPS 17 3D, sony VPCF217HG/BI
sony is offering better processor i7 2820QM vs dells i7 2670/2760
also sony offers 8GB ram vs Dells 4Gb
but graphics is better for dell GT 555 vs GT 540 of Sony, and for better 3d experience i think better graphics is must. But I dont know exact performance difference between the two.
the price difference is significant, dell with the higher processor will cost 92k, sony is 105k
i will be staying mostly in delhi ..so servicing for both will not be much problem. But I am seriously in confused which one to chose. Is Sony's really worth the price ..or should I be better satisfied with dell xps?

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
Go with Dell you won't regret it.

My Boss bought a top of the line Sony Vaio, it stays in the service center most of the times for some stupid problems (Don't remember model number but he got it for 1.5 Lacs)

Dell's after sales support is excellent, but i hate them lol.

Top Bottom