[Wanted] Good LCD TV for Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
I had purchased LG 32LC7R (32" LG LCD) in June 2008 just before Euro 2008. I had purchased it from e-zone for Rs.40000. It had the best picture quality at that time. It also had HDMI port and also other ports used for home theater and dual display. You can find the review here.

*asia.cnet.com/reviews/home_av/tvs/0,39037585,40643421p,00.htm

It was HD ready TV. You should go for full HD (look for the logo) and my suggestion will be to go for LG or Sony. Now LCD's with full HD capability are available for less than Rs.40000. Recently I saw some of them at e-zone and they are also offerring a Reliance Big TV connection along with it. Some offers or the other are always going on (free DVD player, 50 movie DVD's, etc). Reading online reviews is one thing, to buy an LCD TV, you should go to see it physically. Whatever you buy, buy with HDMI ports and full HD capability, because it is the technology of the future. Just google for the difference between full HD and HD-ready.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sony is overpriced and sucks bigtime.

LG and Samsung have better specs and pic quality at a lower price.

ash

Reborn ... four times
Spent a fair bit of time today researching and also checking out various models. My choice: LG 32LH60. A close competitor was Samsung series 5 - 550 model but it seems to lack the ability to play video from USB. I also expect the sound to be much better on this model of LG with 10 speakers, 5.1 channel sound and 700 W PMPO. I do not know how much 100 Hz will make a difference - even LG says that " it CAN reduce blurring on fast moving scenes". The best price I have got is 43,990 which includes an Airtel DTH for which the store is ready to reduce price by Rs. 1,500 if I dont take the connection.
I also need to get rid of a 27" flat CRT Philips TV in working condition, for which they are offering me Rs.3000.

Sarvesh

Journeyman
I have a LG JAZZ 42" which I purchased Last year in Jan 2009 and very much satisfied with the performance.

It has sliding side speakers having surround sound with Dolby Digital and Woofer also.

Supports FULL HD 1080.

HDMI Inputs.

USB connectivity for pen drive - supports playing DIVX / MPG movies MP3 / wave etc Audio / jpeg pictures etc directly.

A lot of input options AV, S-VHS, RBG, HDMI, D-SUB (VGA).

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
.... My choice: LG 32LH60. The best price I have got is 43,990 which includes an Airtel DTH for which the store is ready to reduce price by Rs. 1,500 if I dont take the connection...
hmm, It's high IMO. 41k with the TV and Airtel DTH should be better. See if you can bargain.

LG 32LH60 = Jazz Theatre. The choice is GREAT.

LG is so much better than Sony. I wonder why is Sony so hyped up.

PraKs

Youngling
Friend just grabbed LG60YR (32 inch) Jazz Theater

5.1 sound with subwoofer, 10 speakers, 100000:1 contrast, amazing clarity & sound, USB port, 2 HDMI, Got airtel DTH free + 50 Movie DVDs

Paid 36000 Rs (Had cash back offer) :p

Last price on this would be 41k

ash

Reborn ... four times
Thanks Ico.

Got the LH60YR, looking good.
Paid 36,500 - no DTH and gave away the old TV. Need to get better at negotiating!

Everything works. I was given the impression that .avi video formats does not play on this one from the USB (compared to the Philips equivalent), but it does. So thats a bonus.

I had expected to be have more controls for audio (like an equalizer) given 5.1 channels and 10 speakers, but it has only treble and bass and you can switch between 5.1 and 3.1 channels. The size looked a bit underwhelming compared to when I saw it at the store. I would advise people to buy a larger size if you are debating, if you can afford it.

I also have a 500GB Screenplay drive connected to TV. The picture quality saw a HUGE improvement when connected with the HDMI cable to this TV. The earlier one did not have HDMI port and was connected through the AV cable.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Ico.
No problem. :) Congrats on your purchase.

Everything works. I was given the impression that .avi video formats does not play on this one from the USB (compared to the Philips equivalent), but it does. So thats a bonus.
Try encoding them to DivX and then play. Then they'll work.

Me and Liverpool_fan own the same 32" LG LH70 Scarlet 2.0. We had bought during Diwali and both had paid 40k. We had also got HDMI-upscaling DVD player and 50 movies [included]. :)

Last edited:

PraKs

Youngling
^^

LG included price of DVD player & movies on LCD :D so there is nothing called free

-Source - LG Dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom