Want to upgrade the PC.

technova

Broken In
Hello guys,

I have pentium D, 945GL board/2GB/CD R/W PC and in last week I have purchased a new monitor LG E2041T and now I am planning to upgrade the PC, as new monitor is already purhased, my budjet is about 10 to 12K, so can you please assit me with the upgrade, what are the options to upgrade it to a good PC also can it be upgraded to 64 bit PC ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: Wants to upgrade the PC.

^^ Welcome to TDF !

coming to your question - you can install a 64 bit OS on your current config ;-) but the upgrades depends upon your needs - if you want to play games/watch HD movies get a new gpu+psu.

Hrishi

Welcome to TDF Technova;

Can you specify what all you will like to buy in order to upgrade the PC ?

Though as such, if I was at your place with 12k in Hand to spend on the Processing Unit.
I would have gone for the following.

1.A Core I3 CPu for around 4k.
2.An LGA1155 Motherboard for around 3.5k.
3.4GB DDR3 RAM for 1.3k.
4.An Entry level GPU 1GB DDR3 for around 2.5k.

5.Additionally if you want a new HDD , it will be good to go for SATA III,6Gbps.A 160Gb will cost around 2.5 to 3k Rs.

The above should do it , considering normal PC usage in Mind for 64Bit Windows 7.

However as ICO said , you need to specify your usage like gaming,movies,gfx work,etc, so that we can help you choosing even more specific products.

saswat23

Human Spambot

^^
1. Where did you find an Intel i3 processor for 4k?
2. ico hasn't said anything(here) yet :p

OP,
for a daily use config with some gaming capabilities I suggest:
* Intel Pentium Dual core G620 -- 3.2k
* Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H -- 3.2k
* Corsair 4GB DDR3 Value RAM -- 1.3k
* HD 6670 1GB DDR5 -- 5.3k
Total ---- 13k

use your existing HDD, cabinet, DVD drive and PSU. What PSU do you have BTW?
And if you dont wanna game, replace PDC G620 with i3-2100 and get a new HDD say around 160GB for the remaining 2k or get a better PSU like Corsair VS-450.

Last edited:
OP
technova

technova

Broken In

Thanks topgear N' RIshi,

Actually I want to use it for litte gaming not hard cores :) but the one like IGI or IGI2 or some mission games watching movies, as already having a HD monitor, I am not able to test the clearity with current configuration (actually I am not so satisfied with the clearity... but again it may be due to old hardware), will there be any difference in picture clearity if I upgrade the PC as suggested by you ?

Also the monitor comes with DVI-D... will I be able to use it once I upgrade.

Rishi, could you please provide specific models so that I can check it. :)

Regards,

saswat23

Human Spambot
Check the models suggested above.

As gaming is not top priority then get this:
* Intel i3-2100 -- 6.3k
* Corsair 4GB DDR3 Value RAM -- 1.3k
Total ---- 10.8k

Internal HD 2000 of i3 is sufficient for you. Currently I am playing AC-Revelation on HD 2000 at 1366x768, it working fine at 15FPS. So, for most games till 2011 HD 2000 will suffice your gaming needs. And HD vidoes will play like charm.
The motherboard mentioned above has DVI port too, so you need not worry. Even if a motherboard doest have a DVI port you can get a VGA-DVI adapter.

Hrishi

^^
1. Where did you find an Intel i3 processor for 4k?
2. ico hasn't said anything(here) yet :p

Check out @ "INTEL I-3 540 4690" AT AROUND 4.7K in Nehru palace.
Although its not the SB model.

OOOpsss.... its Topgear :*_*, I though it was ICO :p , actually I was replying to another post in another tab , misplaced the username of previous poster. :phaha

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ the config suggested by saswat23 is much better and i3 540 ain't compatible with socket LGA 1155 motherboards.

@ OP - of you want a config with real gfx card consider getting these :

ASRock H61M-PS2 @ 2.9k
Intel Pentium 620 @ 3.3k
4 GB Corsair Value DDR3 Ram @ 1.3k
Corsair VS450 @ 2.1k
Sapphire HD6570 1GB DDR3 @ 4.2k

I know it's 1.8k over your current budget but you can arrange that by selling your current config and IGI 1 and IGI 2 ain't excatly the games you want to play at HD resolution - so better try some more better FPS games with your new config and trust me - this config will satisfy your gaming needs a lot more ;-)

OP
technova

technova

Broken In
Hello,

I have intex SMPS bought in 2007... will that work if I upgrade.

Also, regarding the VGA-DVI adapter, its DVI-D and somwwhere I read that the VGA-DVI adapter is fake and it will not convert analog signal to digital for DVI-D, is it true?

also

Dvi-d Male To VGA Female Video Converter Adapter - price in India : Rediff Shopping
1.8 Meter DVI-D HDMI Cable for DVD, PC - LCD, Plasma - SAD7 . Buy Best 1.8 Meter DVI-D HDMI Cable for DVD, PC - LCD, Plasma - SAD7 at Lowest Price Online

are these real/original and will work with

* Intel i3-2100 -- 6.3k

what are the other options for the motherboard and processors? ie from asus or intel.

Sorry for too many queries.

Regards,

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello,

I have intex SMPS bought in 2007... will that work if I upgrade.

Also, regarding the VGA-DVI adapter, its DVI-D and somwwhere I read that the VGA-DVI adapter is fake and it will not convert analog signal to digital for DVI-D, is it true?

also

Dvi-d Male To VGA Female Video Converter Adapter - price in India : Rediff Shopping
1.8 Meter DVI-D HDMI Cable for DVD, PC - LCD, Plasma - SAD7 . Buy Best 1.8 Meter DVI-D HDMI Cable for DVD, PC - LCD, Plasma - SAD7 at Lowest Price Online

are these real/original and will work with

* Intel i3-2100 -- 6.3k

what are the other options for the motherboard and processors? ie from asus or intel.

Sorry for too many queries.

Regards,

The Intex PSU may work with your upgraded rig but better would be if you buy a new PSU ( and gfx card like I suggested ) and why you have to worry about VGA connector, your monitor has DVI-D port and the suggested mobo also has the same and if you buy a gfx card the gfx card will come with either one DVD-I ( backward compatible with DVI-D ) / DVI-D port connector.

Techno Digital

Right off the assembly line
As my opinions, you can upgrade your PC RAM with larger capacity. Also, hard disk drive its very important for you to increase storage capacity.

JIT2WIN07

Right off the assembly line
i am currently using the following system since 2007 want to upgrade under 12k.
processor- amd athlon x2 64 4000+
mobo- jetway m26gt3svp
ram-1x 2gb kingston ddr2
zebronics vivah cabinet
250gb sata hd

i want to continue using amd processor. so plz recommend me an amd processor+mobo+ram.

and yes some good graphics card under 5k for gaming at lowest resolution.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ JIT2WIN07 - replied here :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-motherboards/160688-mobo-cpu-ram-under-12k.html

Don't ask the same question on multiple threads, keep the forum clean.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@ JIT2WIN07 - replied here :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-motherboards/160688-mobo-cpu-ram-under-12k.html

Don't ask the same question on multiple threads, keep the forum clean.

Didn't see that thread. :p
As I was saying, OP need to add 2K more to get PSU.

Top Bottom