want to upgrade pc in 30k

sidhelper

Broken In
my configuration is:
motherboard: asus p5k-vm
processor: core 2 duo 4400
ram : kingston 800mhz 2gb

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:cod(all), battlefield 3, crysis 2, dues ex human revolution

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:30k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:no(don't know how to)

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: x p

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:no need

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:42" full LED full HD

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: only want to upgrade cpu nothing else

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:JANUARY

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:any

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Bangalore (can buy localy or on internet)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: no

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
First go through this:-

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

And answer.

akky89

Journeyman
either fill this..
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/149943-asking-new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

or give as much as info you can related to the build you want to create and its usage... so that we can help you
the way it's intended...

OP
S

sidhelper

Broken In
either fill this..
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/149943-asking-new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

or give as much as info you can related to the build you want to create and its usage... so that we can help you
the way it's intended...

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

akky89

Journeyman

first of all if you are going to buy in jan next year then wait don't plan now cause tech changes pretty quick simillarly their prices...
so what ever build you are going to think now will most likely be not at the same point then. :cool:

secondly ... if i'm not wrong then this 42" full Led full hd monitor is - 24" LED full hd;

and why are you still using win XP... :shock:

OP
S

sidhelper

Broken In
first of all if you are going to buy in jan next year then wait don't plan now cause tech changes pretty quick simillarly their prices...
so what ever build you are going to think now will most likely be not at the same point then. :cool:

secondly ... if i'm not wrong then this 42" full Led full hd monitor is - 24" LED full hd;

and why are you still using win XP... :shock:
I want to upgrade the PC before Jan not by it and the monitor is 42" full LED 1080p HD (LG LE8500)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
What are the parts you need? My guess is CPU, mobo, RAM & GPU. Do you need keyboard/mouse too or planning to reuse your old parts?

akky89

Journeyman
i want to buy my pc anyday after sept but before Jan
please answer me

if my understanding is not wrong you only want to upgrade whatever in you cabinet..
so here you go...

cpu: i3-2120 @3.3GHz - 6.9K
mobo: GIGABYTE GA-H61M-DS2 - 3K
psu: CORSAIR SMPS-450 VS - 2.1K
RAM: Corsair DDR3 value 4 GB - 1.2K
hdd: wd carviar blue 500gb - 3.8K
gfx: hd 6870 - 11.6K
caby: cooler master elite 343 - 1.9K

total 30.5K

cheers!

OP
S

sidhelper

Broken In
if my understanding is not wrong you only want to upgrade whatever in you cabinet..
so here you go...

cpu: i3-2120 @3.3GHz - 6.9K
mobo: GIGABYTE GA-H61M-DS2 - 3K
psu: CORSAIR SMPS-450 VS - 2.1K
RAM: Corsair DDR3 value 4 GB - 1.2K
hdd: wd carviar blue 500gb - 3.8K
gfx: hd 6870 - 11.6K
caby: cooler master elite 343 - 1.9K

total 30.5K

cheers!
yes iwill reuse my hdd and keyboard mouse i just need to change everything in cabby exept hdd

i will reuse my hdd and keyboard mouse i just need to change everything in cabby exept hdd

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Replace the graphics card with a 7850 in the above config. Rest are fine.

akky89

Journeyman
Replace the graphics card with a 7850 in the above config. Rest are fine.

i'm also in favor of hd 7850 but it will shoot out of the budget...
so if OP can extend that budget then hd 7850 will be good performance boost otherwise he'll be fine with hd6870

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
He doesn't need a HDD, that plus the budget of 6870, can easily bought a 7850. ;)

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Your processor is old and ram is slow, it will bottleneck your gpu.

If you are going to keep your
a) HDD
b) cabinet
c) keyboard and mouse

Intel 3.3 GHz FCLGA1155 Core i3 2120 Processor @ 7.3k
ASRock H61M-HVGS Motherboard @ 2.8k
G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4 GB PC RAM (F3-10666CL9S-4GBXL) @ 1.6k
Asus AMD HD 7850 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card @ 18.8k
Corsair VS450 450 Watts PSU @ 2.5k

total = 32k approx ( you should manage about 30.5k in the local market )

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
A OCed 7850 with custom cooler from HIS, Sapphire, GBT, MSI can be purchased at around 16k. For mobo, I would suggest sticking with the Gigabyte one.

Top Bottom