Want to install Fedora 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

mak1012

Journeyman
hi...
i want to install fedora 7..... but i dont have DVD Rom in my comp.... i got digit DVD from my collge.................is it possible to convert the DVD iso into a cd iso so that i acan use them.......... if any other magzine is providing FEdora CD please tell me? in my collge i can get Chip, digit & pc World.
please reply.

thank you.

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
if u dont have dvd rom where will u put the dvd to convert ?

well i will suggest u to put a request in this thread i have got my ubuntu cd

from there i hope u will get ur fadora cd too

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32787

Pathik

Google Bot
Check out this tutorial...
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32416
and try to follow a reverse procedure..

OP
mak1012

mak1012

Journeyman
saurabh kakkar said:
if u dont have dvd rom where will u put the dvd to convert ?

well i will suggest u to put a request in this thread i have got my ubuntu cd

from there i hope u will get ur fadora cd too
I'll convert that in my college......from where i'm getting the DVD.

i had requested long back for F6 but there were no from mumbai to give me that.

i read the procedure but its very lenthy any magzine is giving cd iso?

ok i think there is no solution...
now i'm going to download Ubuntu.. can u guys tell me
1. which another distro will be good for me i want to use mainly for learning and doing my java, sql projects on them.
2. what is different between Red hat and other distros... why there iso.s are so big in size?

Last edited:

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
QUOTE]Re: Want to install Fedora 7[/QUOTE

I go through various thread for Installation of Fedora Core 7(Digit DVD July 07, But did not find any thread exactly I want. I request the forum member to guide me how to install Fedora Core keeping Present OS(Win XP) or privide me the link of thread to install Fedora Core.

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ arey just free up one partition and format it.. Boot from the dvd and follow the instructions and set the free ext3 as root..

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
cool yaar.....
see....... the one which is given by digit is bootable, it contains the exact installation files....hence it is not in its iso format.....
so u cant get a cd iso for it....try earlier versions....

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
As I have no idea abount Linux OS. I was in fear that my existing OS will collapse. But after taking help of Digit Fast Track of April 2006 I have installed Ubunto 5.10 from the April 06 Digit DVD. But now I am facing problem how to configure internet connection. In the first track the setting is shown in KDE and GNOME. I did not find any such interface in ubunto to configure . I have BSNL BB connection. Is there any Ubuntu Expert to tell me the procedure to how to configure the same

praka123

left this forum longback
For ubuntu dataone connection refer:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=515118&postcount=11

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
I am fail to configure net connection in ubuntu 5.1.
I have another problem. How I change the boot order in the start up scree.
I wish to make the XP as default and the ubuntu as 2nd. As per the help file and Digit Fast Track it is posiible to edit the file /system file/grub/boot/menu.lst in vi. editor or any text editor. But I am unable to edit the file. The file is read only hence could not eble to edit it. Is there any
mistake I am doing. Please give me solution how to make XP as defauld OS.

jithudigitised

Wanna be *****ised...
if u are using ubuntu then use the "sudo" command to become the super user and then edit the file... use "sudo" command like below
sudo <command>
if u are using the fedora then become a root user by typing in "su" command and enter the root password and then edit the file...

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
Where I will find the command prompt or where I will type sudo. As I am a novice in "UBUNTU", I have no idea. Please provide me the exact location and how to go there and modify the file menu.lst.

praka123

left this forum longback
gnome-terminal is the CLI or "$" prompt.u can open a terminal in ubuntu or Gnome Desktop by right clicking on desktop free area and "open terminal".else in menu Applications>Accessories>Terminal.Hope u got :-|
also try reading bits from *fedorafaq.org
or [SIZE=-1]*ubuntuguide.org/
also consider reading-
*help.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/about-ubuntu/en_GB/
*help.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/desktopguide/C/index.html
[/SIZE]

Last edited:

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
I am fail to change the boot order. I tried all the process you have posted.
I think it is not possible for me. Better I uninstall it, but that I also dont no.
Will you guyes please tell me how to do that.

At last I can. I changed the default booting in Win XP. Actually the file was
locked by the system. I have 1st created a root PW, then unlok the the file.
and the job done.

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
root is the administrator.never login as root.make a local user account(no need if already have) and use.for root permissions open terminal and login "su" .
*tldp.org is the site you shud look for more howtos and guides.
Also I'll suggest get some guide on Linux user permissions and File System hierarchy which is very different and superiror than windows.
do read:
*linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom