Want to buy window ac

fda2016

Right off the assembly line
Dear Friends,

I want to buy window ac, which brand is good? what capacity ac should buy? area is room 120sq ft, I am living in Mumbai.

Aakarshan

In the zone
I know that you are new, but you are at wrong section.

Wait for others to reply as i don't know much about ACs.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Thanks friend

- - - Updated - - -

20 - 25K

Why don't you go with split ACs?
Take a look at this
Voltas 1.2 Ton 5 Star 155 CY Split Air Conditioner Price in India - Buy Voltas 1.2 Ton 5 Star 155 CY Split Air Conditioner Online on Snapdeal

Window ACs are noisy and power hungry.

Last edited:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Thanks friend

- - - Updated - - -

20 - 25K

a friend recently bought Hitachi RAW511KUD for ~25-26k (or less?! dont recall) from Kohinoor electronics. we had been there to check some other ACs as well, but finally chose this over others. the other contender that came closest to this for us was from Carrier, but a 1.5 tone AC. our requirement was of 1 ton AC, 5-star rated. you can check a few feedback of the Hitachi AC on flipkart.

be aware that there are more costs involved, like the cost of wood-packing needed if the window is bigger than the AC size. it cost him 150/- per inch of wood, totalling 2400/- but negotiated to 2k. plus i think some cost of labour.

OP
F

fda2016

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I am having a bitter experience from Flipkart,Can you please suggest any other E commerce,Kohinoor is costly.

- - - Updated - - -

Why don't you go with split ACs?
Take a look at this
Voltas 1.2 Ton 5 Star 155 CY Split Air Conditioner Price in India - Buy Voltas 1.2 Ton 5 Star 155 CY Split Air Conditioner Online on Snapdeal

Window ACs are noisy and power hungry.

But one of friend suggest for window Ac because split AC 's Maintenance is High, Is it???

Minion

Conversation Architect
Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I am having a bitter experience from Flipkart,Can you please suggest any other E commerce,Kohinoor is costly.

- - - Updated - - -

But one of friend suggest for window Ac because split AC 's Maintenance is High, Is it???

Get it locally.

Split ACs consume less power and are silent.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
at Kohinoor you can bargain. have personally found them offering the best prices with better inventory for washing machines & ACs, among others like Vijay sales (pathetic service), reliance, snehaanjali, etc.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Hitachi,Daikin are very reliable but a bit pricey
highly suggest them if possible
Voltas is OK

kyile123

Friedrich CP05G10A 5,450 Btu Chill Series Window-Mounted Room Air Conditioner

Price: $242

Cooling Area: 140 Square Feet

Unit Dimensions: 18-1/2 in. W x 15 in. D x 12 in. H

Weight: 46 pounds

Noise Level (Decibels, high to low): 72 to 66

Amps: 4.03

Likes: At 5,450 Btu, this was the least powerful unit included in our test, but the results were on par with the 6,000 Btu models. The little Friedrich included a number of features similar to the other models, including a 24-hour on/off timer, plus money-saver and dehumidifier settings. It also comes with an LCD remote control and EntryGard protection, which is a steel retaining wire that secures the chassis to the housing in order to deter all-too-common "kick-in" intrusions.

Dislkes: Despite paying a premium price for the Friedrich name, this model isn't Energy Star qualified, and bears an uncanny resemblance to the 6,000 Btu LG LW6014ER we also included in our test.

Top Bottom