Want to buy USB 3.0 flash drive

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^
How much did it cost?

My friends has an ADATA USB2.0 16GB pendrive. And the strange thing is that he get ~20Mbps Write speed and ~30Mbps Read speed.

Then it is not running at full speed. How much did you pay for it?

580 bucks and for the speed interface matters but for the strontium usb 3.0 PD it all depends on the flash chip the PD is using.

Really pathetic seed. Write speed is worse than a good USB2 pen drive..
That's why I have suggested OP not to buy strontium.

that';s always is not the case .. I've corsair flash voyager 32GB USB2.0 PD which gives 7.5MB/s write and 28MB/s read speed.

My two Transcend pendrives can not be formatted with NTFS..so i asked here..

you are which OS and the capacity of those PDs ?

ghost_z

Ghost From Hell !
Bad choice. Sequential read/write speed is very bad of that pen-drive and many other cheap drives like that..
Idon't feel that way, have been using this pendrive for close to 3 months now and have used it for sequencial and non sequencial read/writes and even tested it on crystal mark, and it performed like a champ for the price its selling at, even i would advise op to take strontium 16gb jet usb 3.0 pen drive !

Read in USB 2.0 mode --- 35-36 MBPS
Write in USB 2.0 mode --- 15-16 MBPS

It depends on the size of pendrive you have.

No it does not depend on size , even a 1gb pen drive can be formatted to NTFS but we will not gain any advantage by doing so as NTFS is beneficial when we need to store a single file of size greater than 4gb !

OP
sam9953

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
Idon't feel that way, have been using this pendrive for close to 3 months now and have used it for sequencial and non sequencial read/writes and even tested it on crystal mark, and it performed like a champ for the price its selling at, even i would advise op to take strontium 16gb jet usb 3.0 pen drive !

Read in USB 2.0 mode --- 35-36 MBPS
Write in USB 2.0 mode --- 15-16 MBPS

No it does not depend on size , even a 1gb pen drive can be formatted to NTFS but we will not gain any advantage by doing so as NTFS is beneficial when we need to store a single file of size greater than 4gb !

Being a 3.0 shouldn't it deliver more write/read speed.

ghost_z

Ghost From Hell !
Being a 3.0 shouldn't it deliver more write/read speed.

ITs a pretty cheap usb 3 and for the price the speed is justified as it uses comparatively lower class usb 3 flash memory !
Moreover my results are on USB 2.0 in 3.0 mode it will perform even better !
Btw i got it for 520 bucks :D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ here you go ;-)
How to Use Pen Drive or Usb Flash Drive drive with NTFS

BTW, win Vista, 7 and 8 supports formatting to NTFS - no additional settings needed.

TechnoHolic

Journeyman
Previously tried the same procedure like your blog shows...though my Transcend PD didn't support it..i'll try on other OS..
Thanks

OP
sam9953

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
Guys tell me, what are the advantages of converting a pen drive from Fat32 to NTFS?

All my pen drives which are fat32 are recognized by my sony led tv but my hdd which is NTFS is not recognized by my tv, does this mean that only fat32 devices are recognized by TV's?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Previously tried the same procedure like your blog shows...though my Transcend PD didn't support it..i'll try on other OS..
Thanks

can't say .. try it on win 7 / 8.

Guys tell me, what are the advantages of converting a pen drive from Fat32 to NTFS?

All my pen drives which are fat32 are recognized by my sony led tv but my hdd which is NTFS is not recognized by my tv, does this mean that only fat32 devices are recognized by TV's?

Yes, some devices just can't read from NTFS formatted disc and support only FAT/FAT32 file system.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
guys can someone quickly suggest a fast and (very) reliable pen drive -8gb- budget - Rs. 500-700.
USB 2.0

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
why you need an USB 2.0 drive when you can get an USB 3.0 drive ? get Transcend Jet Flash 700 8 GB USB 3.0 Pen Drive.

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Hijacking the thread, sorry.

Need a USB 3.0 pen drive with decent speeds and 32 GB capacity. Which one should I buy?

I'd prefer if it doesn't have a full metal body.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, nothing beats it ;-) SanDisk xtreme USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB - SDCZ80-032G-X46 :
*www.deltapage.com/products/SanDisk-xtreme®-USB-3.0-Flash-Drive-32GB-%2d-SDCZ80%2d032G%2dX46.html
Theitdepot - Buy Sandisk Extreme 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ80-032G-X46) online in india

Top Bottom